My black puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev6970

So thought get few pics up of the puma as bought.
Limited quality as they're from my phone. Only had few days at home so never had long enough to get started on the mods beyond some rust repairs.

Photo-0290_e1.jpg

Photo-0291.jpg

Photo-0292_e1.jpg

Photo-0293.jpg

Pics look good, the arches have rot in the same places as as mine had, cut it out dont fill or in a month it will be back.
look forward to see what you do with it.

Paul

When bought - 86k, 1 owner, FSH, New clutch, New timing kit, new exhaust. Being R reg the arches need attention but other than that she is quite tidy...

Plan is a few sensible mods and hopefully get it down to Knockhill for a play about with it.
So far have sourced a rear spoiler (purely for looks), set mondeo callipers, new strut top mounts.
As its for tracking though Im now looking at keeping the 15's for handling and trying to get a set of ST24 callipers instead of the full 300mm conversion mk3 callipers I first bought. Will see.

Have just got an FRP Gearbox (No LSD though) home for it to fit when I get home in Aug, with this be changing over to a Fiesta clutch at same time.

Then my to do list is -
- Finish rust repairs on the arches.
- Fit the FRP box and fiesta clutch.
- Remove resonator, Fit Pipercross panel filter, plumb airbox feed down to bottom of bumper instead of the
scabby intake in the arch.
- ST24 callipers + 280mm discs (think this is the combo I need - researching though)
- New brake lines throughout including braided flexi's.
- Front top & bottom strut braces along with rear strut brace.
- Powerflex bushes.
- Eibach springs + Strut top mounts. (+probably new shockers after some homework).
- Coolant flush. Service.

There more but thats enough to get me going. Will give me something to do with my month at home.
And all going well will get it down to Knockhill in Oct... :grin:

nutty said:
Pics look good, the arches have rot in the same places as as mine had, cut it out dont fill or in a month it will be back.
look forward to see what you do with it.
Paul

Yep. Started cutting back the rust. Surprised just how deep the rust went. Try getting some pics up of the repairs tomorrow.

Will see how the passenger side repairs look when I get home after a month offshore.
Then its onto the drivers side rear wing.
Believe there is a way of making 206 front wings fit the rear arch lips, might give that a bash at some point too.

Tempted to put the whole thing Matt Black. Maybe...

kev have a look at my thread http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul

spike. said:
oh, its not a "black" as listed on your profile under model.

Yeah, Sorry for that. Picked it when registering and still green behind the ears on the Pumas.
Noticed now that 'black' is actually a limited edition run.
Mine is just a black coloured standard 1.7 '98. Will get it changed. Cheers... :)

nutty said:
kev have a look at my thread http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul

Cheers fot the link. Excellent thread.
Think mine had wee bit more rust than yours Cut back some but expecting to have to recut it when get ashore and give welding new bits in as you have...

Couple of pics of the first bash at passengers side -

DSC_0286.jpg

Cut back worst of it but can still see some rust prevalent in the inner skin so needs cut back further and patches welded in.

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

Was more to make it presentable as sisters car blew it's head gasket and she is now using the puma as a runabout while Im offshore so will get a proper repair on it when home in August...

hi
it looks about the same i cut the inner and the outer off as i did not want the rust getting back to the outer arch, i should be able to start getting arches in the next week or so.

Paul

Hopefully getting off the boat tomorrow and home wednesday for few weeks chilling out.
Work threatening me with having to stay longer but eeping my head down on that one.
Get some pics up in near future as get home and get on with some of the mods to the wee beastie... :)

kev6970 said:
spike. said:
oh, its not a "black" as listed on your profile under model.

Yeah, Sorry for that. Picked it when registering and still green behind the ears on the Pumas.
Noticed now that 'black' is actually a limited edition run.
Mine is just a black coloured standard 1.7 '98. Will get it changed. Cheers... :)

I might be being thick here but I don't understand this comment lol could someone explain pls lol

they mean black as in the model ie the level of trim and options yes its a black car but a normal model of trim extras etc!

theres a list explaining it all somewhere will go have a look now! :p

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

read on girl! :-D

its the most common bit of confusion.

Ford did a limited edition called "black", it had leather seats, and was only available in black.

The colour black was also an option for the standard puma, with cloth seats.

edit.... Good find stevie :)

Latest posts

Back