my head light lenses are crappy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwighet

lads I need to get my head lights polished and would like to do it myself...
I don't have a polisher but do have an angle grinder..Is there an adapter I can get for it and what would the procedure be to get them up to scratch...

Thanks

I know it is posible, but I'm not the one to tell you how :)

I have seen polishing discs for angle grimders, but the problem whit grinders is you usualy yave little or no Control over the speed of the disc.. and you run the risk of overheating the lense..

A propper polisher is better :) but it is possible :)

Depends how bad they are to begin with..

Start by using some workable polish by hand (either Menz 203s or megs plastx) or machine (can use heavier polish as you'll be able to break down the micro-abrasives). If no good then you need to use wet and dry, don't go straight to a very low grade ie. 400/600, start with something like 1200 then if it doesn't take enough off work down, then work up, after 1200 for example you'll use 1500 then 2000, then 2500 at this point you'll then be able to use polish to achieve a great new look finish.

grayfox said:
Depends how bad they are to begin with..

Start by using some workable polish by hand (either Menz 203s or megs plastx) or machine (can use heavier polish as you'll be able to break down the micro-abrasives). If no good then you need to use wet and dry, don't go straight to a very low grade ie. 400/600, start with something like 1200 then if it doesn't take enough off work down, then work up, after 1200 for example you'll use 1500 then 2000, then 2500 at this point you'll then be able to use polish to achieve a great new look finish.
That's great help...Perfect
Thanks a million

Oh and ideally take the lens off or if you don't make sure you tape up around them or you'll scratch the surrounding paint.

After polishing them I'd advice to get them resprayed with two coats of clear to protect them against UV light or they will turn yellow within half a year...

Did mine recently:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=317197#p317197" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back