My new car: Audi TT 225 Coupé

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheVarix

Been a proud owner of a 1.7 Puma for a couple of years but after a colleague smashed my car in my workplace's car park it was written off. :(
Here's my new car, an Audi TT 225 Coupé. I am quite happy as it had just 2 previous lady owners who really looked after the car (lots of receipts and stamps in the book).
I must say that somehow I still think that the Puma was a bit more fun to drive than my new car... I do miss it despite all the bad things like arch rust, etc...

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

very nice, the pumas are a very very fun car and i can't think of a FWD car at least i'd rather own (except maybe mk2 focus rs)
The problem with the TT i think is that they are so heavy, close to 2 tonnes IIRC but a nice car none the less :)

Very nice.

I love that model. The new one is apparently streets better as a drive, but doesn't compare (for me) on looks

Sorry guys, style over substance. Great styling and build quality but not really a great car, or a Mans car.

My dad's still trying to shift his 3.2 TT but he can't give the lumbering, nose-heavy, understeery thing away. Shame as it is in great condition when the electrics aren't playing up and to be fair it does pretty good MPG on a run for a large V6.

Can only imagine it'd be a better car with a lighter engine in rather than an anchor under the bonnet.

i can't understand how the TT is so heavy. if it was lighter and balanced it would be perfect with that 3.2 v6 4wd

Big V6 hung out well in front of the front axle, heavy early twin-clutch gearbox and a hefty 4wd system. Couple all that with a tonne of leather and soft-touch cabin materials, way too many electronic gubbins, big enough brakes to bring it to a halt and a slightly stodgy Golf chassis and it never really has a chance. It's a cruiser rather than a sports car.

I tipped it into a roundabout at what would have been a sensible speed in a Puma and it speared straight on ignoring both steering and throttle inputs. Horrific thing.

I hear the 4 pot TT's with some mods can be made to handle though.

The 3.2 is a lardy version for sure..you can't give em away, what with the price of petrol now... :?

The 1.8's are a lot more sellable..and drivable probably too :lol: I really like the Sport version with the black roof and red body...that is the FRP of the older TT's for sure.. :cool: :cool:

Back