my new ST2 has arrived, but...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenF

as some will know I have had a Fiesta ST2 on order since early July

delivery date was early Sept, then late Sept, then late Nov

the good news: well it has finally arrived!!!! The garage phoned me to tell me this morning

the bad news: it has been damaged in transit and the garage immediately offered me a solution to save me having to reject it, but I will have to wait until at least Feb to get a new one

disappointed doesn't come close

That's a right kick in the proverbials, especially given the massive wait you've endured so far :(

Arse. :(

If it's say a damaged wheel that can be replaced without any visible determent then go for it. If it means painting then reject it as the possibility of a mismatch are high - if not now, in the future when the paint ages. And as Aaron says, wait for the new plate in March as you've waited all this time, another month won't matter and you'll have a more valuable car come trade in time.

And the worst of the weather will have gone too.

I'd reject it anyway and ask for a full refund and go elsewhere even if it means getting a different make/model. A dealer like that needs to feel some pain like you have with all the waiting. F'in idiots!!!.

Either that or I'd want a SERIOUS sweetener!!!

Bentleya said:
I would personally request a new car and wait for the 14 Plate at the start of March.

that is what I am planning to do!

the garage has offered to do the decent thing and sort out new tyres for me as they do need replacing and I would have changed them already had I not expected to trade the car in around now

'my' car arrived with a dented driver's door and a damaged bumper - although the garage said the damage can be repaired it came as no surprise to them that I said I did not want a repaired and resprayed car when it was supposed to be new. Filler would be involved!

They should have transported it on a proper car trailer / lorry

It was bound to get damaged if they squeezed it into a transit van :p

That is an absolute pee take... I'd personally be going elsewhere unless they offered a big discount or something worthwhile!

Saying that, my brothers dad had to wait a good 8 months or so for his VW Polo to be delivered (Was about 2009/10, has another brand new one now haha).... they kept delaying him and making excuses!

I'm actually impressed that they where honest and gave you the choice, many dealers would've repaired it, without telling the customer.

Back