My other halfs Focus Project (it's a love hate thing)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aimmekins

Hello,
My other half has been driving round in Tina while he gets his car the way he wants it, now it is finished for the time being and thought i'd share it with you guys. He's had alot of mixed readtions with it but i like it, i think its a bit different and it gets looks whether they are good or bad he doesn't care :grin:

So let me know your honest opinion, all comments welcome

Before
IMG125.jpg

IMG124.jpg

IMG130.jpg

And now
IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

I like the wheel colour, what is it? :grin:

Not a fan of matt paints or bonnet risers on any car to be honest, they just don't look "right" to me.

madhillbilly17 said:
im not one to be rude but i have to be honest, i dont like it at all. looked a nice tidy car before

Agreed, it looks like its at prep stage for a respray, not a fan of gold wheels either.
Looked much nicer before :oops:

yeh, looked really nice before....

i love modding cars so please dont get me wrong. mine is 2 tone rally livery!!!!

hes done a good job of it but i really dont like it.

is it supposed to be a modern rat look?? ie primer and stickers covering rust are fine on a 1960s campervan, but on a 2000ish focus....nah

jacko said:
yeh, looked really nice before....

i love modding cars so please dont get me wrong. mine is 2 tone rally livery!!!!

hes done a good job of it but i really dont like it.

is it supposed to be a modern rat look?? ie primer and stickers covering rust are fine on a 1960s campervan, but on a 2000ish focus....nah

i didnt no that was a supposed to be a on purpose look with the campervans, i thought there goes another wrecker lol why why why its just not right

He is planning on spraying it a colour but rite now we don't have the funds, he was going for a stand out from the crowd look and i think it wrkd. The wheels r more of a bronze colour but they aren't the ones he want they are just a temp and its not the colour he wants it didn't go to plan he wants proper orange and EsCos wheels

the rat look started as a 'cover it up / cant afford to fix it'....but now its a 'style'!!!!! lol

it does promote the originality of the cars etc...why cover up the history of it, so to speak

it def stands out, and not in a bad way, just not much to my taste.

Still not sure...lol.

If your other half likes it and wants to keep it like that then good for him. I'd hate to think he'd change it just because of what people think. :eek:k:

Too many people do that in all aspects of life to conform with the majority.

Although some people really do have no idea....lol.

I've looked at this 3-4 times and I don't think its to bad, but in a anon ford way.

He's tried to go a different route, one seldom seen in the blue oval world and although I wouldn't say he's been fully successfully (the sticker bombing for example is abit to much and the bonnet risers) it is a finished nicely.

Sort of sat on the fence cause I know my car isn't very 'scene' and abit F&F in some ways.

Its abit like Marmite or Turkish delight, some will like it (very few but some) and others will just hate it.

I really liked it in the 1st photo, and think it should've been as it was then, all the colours clash in my opionion. If he likes it then, thats the main thing...

One for trax there!

Latest posts

Back