My Puma Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rapid_rupio

Hey all,

Right i have a standard 1.7 Puma brought it quite a while ago but havent done alot to it yet but got a lot planned. When i brought my car it already had a MS Design rear spoiler on it (with brake light) and a different back box (will be full system soon). I have put a set of kenwoods in the doors which i ran a seperate wire through the doors to main car so i could run them off an amp and in the boot i have a 12" Sony sub still not sure on what to do for a boot install yet as i have loads different things i can use from my old fiesta so see what i can do. The only enigne mod is an induction kit with a DIY heat sheat and forced air feed. Also fitted is a Kevlar sports clutch and Goodrich brake hoses. Got a quite a few plans for the car so i will keep you all posted.

When i first got the car
IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

The wires run from door to car for speakers
DSC02828.jpg

Speaker fitted
DSC02829.jpg

My new hoses
IMG_0152.jpg

My new clutch
IMG_0158.jpg

My old sidelight bulbs and with the amber indicator bulbs
IMG_0645.jpg

New side light and De-tangoed indicator by fitting the silver bulbs
IMG_0646.jpg

Old dip beam
IMG_0304.jpg

New bulbs fitted
IMG_0332.jpg

nice car to start with mate it looks clean anyway :) cant see no rust on it from them couple of pics. whats that clutch like and what did it cost? is it just a standard unit or larger?

what other plans you got them dude let us all hear whats in store :)

Cheers mate yer theres a bit of rust but its nowt major. The clutch was bowt £200 its 220mm and standard is 210mm if i remember right its a nice clutch mate from pumaspeed would recomend it. Got few plans for the car as we spoke about at Ford Fair gana go down the wide arch root for sure and then do sum work on the engine camshafts etc and strip out the rear seats etc to save a tiny bit of weight as i dont use the rears as most of my mates dont fit in the back very easily lol :?

TyeBoi said:
you can remove the indicator lens to proper detango it mate.

Yer was looking at doing that this weekend but was too busy so will try and get round to it maybe tonight after work hopefully

yea i've done that to mine it makes it look so much better

DSC01109.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

Looking good though mate keep us updated :)

Ah ok klkl cheers Sparx as i sed hopefully try and do that tonight if i get time.

Cheers mate hopefully will get alot more done in next month or two going to take few days off work and crack on with it over a long weekend :wink:

Well i managed to get into Fast Car mag you can just see my puma inbetween the Pug and the Golf
FastCar.jpg

Started the FRP arches nd bumper last weekend got the front fitted

Right pics of the progress

Car up and ready to begin
IMG_5425.jpg

First of all had to remove the front bumper
IMG_5428.jpg

Took off the passenger wing which was a bit fiddly as three of the nuts were hidden on under the splash tray and two in the iner wing covered in loads of gunk so had to remove this first
IMG_5430.jpg

then attached the new wing
IMG_5434.jpg

My mate Jack turned up to "help" and with his master skills of sitting and rolling fags i managed to get the bumper fitted :S
IMG_5439.jpg

you can see the difference of width of the new bumper with the old wing
IMG_5440.jpg

Then started to remove the passenger wing had to remove the washer bottle for this as it was cover a couple of the nuts holding the wing on
IMG_5444.jpg

New wing fitted headlights fitted and all sorted
IMG_5450.jpg

Unfortunately whilst i was doing this i noticed that my tyres were pretty much wrecked so i have just got sum multi spokes and tyres should be picking them up saturday

Latest posts

Back