My Temp replacement for my Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planetslick

as the majority of you know my poor Puma has gone and im not rusing into buying another i will deffo be getting one but im gonna wait for the right one might even save up towards a FRP rather thangetting a fiat coupe as a second car

so i ended up with my grandads Calibra which was for sale anyway ive only had a chance to take it out for a few miles as im still a little banged up but i really like it so far, this Cali has been in the family for 5 years ish and gone between my father & grandad who are both very sound mechanics and as such the car has stayed in very impressive condition and has had a lot of work done to it it has 60,004 miles on it and bar 1 or 2 very tiny bits of rust & a few stone chips (see pics) is perfect, within the past 500 miles its had

- New Clutch
- Belts All Round
- Alloy Refub
- Full Serivce
- New Brakes/Calipers
- New Side Skirts (not sure what there called the black plastic along bottom of sides)
- 4 New Tyres

so i wasnt complaining when i only had to pay £700

(i know pic's arent the best but will get better ones on a clear day)

any Calibra owners past/present on here with any tips/advice?

Planetslick said:
any Calibra owners past/present on here with any tips/advice?

Used to have a variety of old Vauxhalls... Cavaliers and Vectras never a Calibra (although it is mainly a Cavalier in a skirt) I still pop onto my old Vauxhall forum http://www.vxon.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there are a few Calibra fans thereabouts.

The Calibra lights are, in their natural form, pretty shit - but then you will be used to that with the Puma.

That's a decent looking Calibra.... shame it's not the old redtop engine, but that is the same engine I had in my old Cavalier Diplomat - which was a reliable and fun car (someone has it pulling a caravan now, so it can take a lot of punishment).

they aren't bad. And there getting rare as well, don't see many in that sort of condition. Think there is a owners club called club calibra? Hope your in a puma soon. And your still welcome at any meets on here

thanks Scotty i really want to stay active here i dont intend to be out of a Puma for more than a year i just need to work out what to do next :)

best way forward is to just save a few quid every month, make a choice on either frp or standard one taking into consideration the costs associated with both. And maybe just start picking up bits you wanted for jaz, while saving for its replacement?

im deffo gonna get a FRP next Scotty but im gonna wait for the right one (i.e. top quality) this Cali will do meas long as it takes weather thats 4 monthst or 2 years lol money wise i should be in a position to buy one buy the end of the summer but as i said not rushing into anything,

and red i was exactly the same when i was a kid one thing i noticed since driving it it how HUGE! it is pics and seeing them dont really do it justice i mean our neibour has 2 Volvo V70's and its almost as long as them its gonna be a pain to park i can tell ya

when the biggest thing yove ever driven is a Puma aye it is huge lol took me 3 attempts to park at sainsburys this morning haha

Lovely looking Calibra. I had a Cav and it was a great car. SHame it is not the 4x4 Turbo nutter one! :)

Hardly see them about now except old nails. YOu could probably make money on it through an enthusiast club when you get your FRP.

ordered a private plate for it lol money wasting i know but couldnt resist C13BRA £405 gonna try n rangle it as a b'day present for next week haha

Latest posts

Back