mystery switch fallen out of place

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mort666

Might be a bit of a strange one, but wondered if anyone could help,

driving home tonight I felt something bump against my feet as I was turning into the road where I live. When I stopped I found it's some sort of switch which must have come loose and dropped down on it's wire. I'm supposed to be heading out in a bit to a mates house and was wondering if anyone could give a quick hint as to what it might be. Plus I only have the interior light to go by at the moment so that isn't easy to see much :)

It's not the brake light switch as the lights come on with the pedal.

It's got two brown wires going to it and quite a long throw plunger to actuate whatever it is it does. Seems like the car has been a little bit jerky on the way home so not sure if it's something which should go on either the clutch or throttle pedal. Looks like it has a small metal hoop/ring type thing on it so I'm presuming it fits by sliding onto a bracket or bit of plastic (if that makes sense :) )

Cheers to anyone who can help :)

clutch from a honda accord

may give an idea

toyota-corolla-clutch-pedal-adjustment.png

The switch monitors the clutch pedal position and sends a signal to the Powertrain Control Module.

If the puma does have one of these then it could explain why it is getting a little jerky when coming off the throttle perhaps.

I've just come back from my mates and done approx. 110 miles since I started the thread and everything else seems to be in one piece up to now :lol:

With the length of wire attached to it I guess it could have come from above the clutch pedal :)

I guess I'll need to contort my rather large frame under the dash to try and find where it fits again then :lol: I might just wait till the weekend so that I can at least tackle it in daylight :)

yep, def clutch switch, does something in the ecu as when fallen off my frp wouldnt pop & bang.....!!!

ah, but mine still burbles nicely when I lift off the throttle.

when going slow (30mph and under) when you lift off the throttle, however gently you do it, it gets a bit kangaroo like if you aren't careful :lol:

The ECU needs to know whether the clutch is down to work out how it should be fuelling when you lift off. That's why it's kangarooing at slow speeds

Back