Nearly very embarrassed!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonB

After a long time finally started a new job this week, only agency work but still. Was really peeved at first as its a 30mile round trip and petrol is bloody expensive, then realised that I get a good 5miles of national limit twisty B road each way, well happy now.
Know I'm driving "properly" as the parcel shelf worked loose every morning and needed retaping, but could hear a rattle from the back, just thought is was the jack. Wrong! Popped the boot and was putting my shopping in at Tesco, thought the back looked different somehow. Realised as I was walking back after parking my trolley that I could see more spare wheel than normal, tapped it with my foot and the bloody thing dropped. Where I had been having fun in the lanes I must have shaken it loose and the retainer had been unwinding.
It would have been really uncool to have to stop and pick that up, never mind the danger to any following traffic. Think I'm on a check and tighten mission this weekend.

Oops! I dodn't put the spare carrier back up once on my 206 (spare was not in it) when I drove off our drive. Left a nice gouge in the gravel, took ages to rake back.

I imagine it causing sh*te loads of damage if it comes off at speed, the wheel will hit the deck then flip up and at the least put a chuffing dent in the boot floor and rip the bumper off!

You tried threadlock or some insulation/ptfe tape wrapped around the thread when it;s tight to stop it turning?

Back