Need 2 door "buttons" (see pic) - Where to get/buy?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant0

Have two covers/buttons missing of my driver side door plates/handles...
Any pointers on how best to get originals (rather than hope for best match).
Anyone here have some spare for cash?
Cheers,
Ant.

image.php

Hmmmm.... Yes thanks for the reply... But the reason I asked here first is that from forum searches it seems folk have been saying Ford only supply in packs of 10 and also a number of forum members seem to have had some spares I the past that they've sold to other members.

Much as I appeciate sarcastic replies as much as the next newbie, it's always nicer to receive them from regular forum members rather than a mod.

Try paynes of hinckley. There a ford deaper but I have got a few parts from them and they have allowed me to buy them singley. They have an ebay page but if the part you want isn't there just email them. They have always been really good for those niggley bits that I have needed.

i wasnt being sarcastic at all but common sense tells you ford dealers sell them and i have brought them singley in the past for both of my puma's why dont you be more specific in your 1st post and asked if anybody had some for sale instead so as to stop confusion of where you want to get them from.................

ant0 said:
Much as I appeciate sarcastic replies as much as the next newbie, it's always nicer to receive them from regular forum members rather than a mod.

Martin isn't a mod, although I'm sure he'd like to be :lol:

Your interior looks like the early blue one, is that correct? (The later ones were grey)
EDIT: You've a Millie - of course it's blue :roll: )

I might have one kicking about somewhere - I'll let you know. (Save you having to go to obvious Ford)

EDIT2: I've had a look and I can't find any. After speaking with Cherie I've remembered a quirk that might or might not be relevant.
When I had my V reg Puma with the alchemy blue interior, the caps didn't quite match the interior blue of Cherie's Millennium, even though they were the same phase. The fact that the Millennium has as special leather interior might mean it has a slightly different colour of door card rather than the alchemy blue? Might have just been sun faded or something but worth mentioning.

as ar as i know ford dont have any left.....

and i think there all the same....ie a slightly greyish blue
edit; for the tops ones, all others seem to match to colour of door card

Dal said:
EDIT2: I've had a look and I can't find any. After speaking with Cherie I've remembered a quirk that might or might not be relevant.
When I had my V reg Puma with the alchemy blue interior, the caps didn't quite match the interior blue of Cherie's Millennium, even though they were the same phase. The fact that the Millennium has as special leather interior might mean it has a slightly different colour of door card rather than the alchemy blue? Might have just been sun faded or something but worth mentioning.

Thanks, to be honest even a close'ish match will do... or even the wrong colour will be better than no cover at all.

jacko said:
as ar as i know ford dont have any left.....

and i think there all the same....ie a slightly greyish blue
edit; for the tops ones, all others seem to match to colour of door card

Cheers, will just have to keep my eyes peeled for anyone flogging some. Any colour will do. I'll phone ford tomorrow just in case anyway.

I'm missing the exact same two button things as well, if there's any going spare? mine's supposed to be production spec series 3 but the interior plastics are still blue/grey.

Also missing the plastic part on the door side of the passenger seat where the back tilt control is on the other isede... any of those kicking around? Not sure what they're called so searching on ebay is proving unsuccessful...

quid each...
http://pumabuild.com/pumacat/index.php?cPath=1_85_833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ant0 said:
iang74 said:
quid each...
http://pumabuild.com/pumacat/index.php?cPath=1_85_833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, ordered some (plus spares!) today :grin:

let us know how that works out... seen a few threads on here about pumabuild taking orders (and payment) for stuff they don't have in stock and taking ages to deliver, and then not always the correct item bought.

can't see them faffing over a couple bits of plastic though.

Latest posts

Back