New car to ProjectPuma :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all :thumbs:
My name is Dal and last night I became the proud owner of a lovely moondust silver Thunder edition 1.7 Puma (went 50/50 with my other half Cherie actually) :wub:

I've had a silver Puma before (See >here<) but have been without one since I sold it back in June 2010.

It's a 2001 (just - probably someones Christmas present as it was registered a week before) and has only 55,000 odd miles on it. Been owned for the last 2 years by an AA chap so in pretty good condition.

IMG_20130912_070122_zps047665cd.jpg

IMG_20130912_065446_zpsd0bfc24a.jpg

IMG_20130912_065528_zps4d5181ea.jpg

Original exhaust still!
IMG_20130912_065549_zps6e0d7f08.jpg

Next to my "daily" Mazda 3 MPS:
IMG_20130912_070520_zps99c5dcf2.jpg

There's a tiny bit of surface rust on the very bottom return of one rear arch and a bit more on the sills that only needs a rub down, protection and respray. 3rd brake light lens is cracked and it could do with getting the fairly new ditchfinder tyres relaced with something more confidence inspiring in the twisties. And a damn good clean of course!

I'd forgotten how crisp the gear changes were!

Anyway, I've read some of the very helpful thread on here so hope I can help out in the future too.

:-D

Welcome along Dal!

Nice looking cat you have there.

Be sure to have a look at the frequently asked questions section, lots of useful information there.

Also, have a look in the projects section so you can get some ideas of all the modifications you'll want to make... A nice set of poly bushes would be a good start!! :cool:

Hi, welcome along :grin:
you'll find lots of friendly helpful people on here, especially the Mods :grin: :grin: :grin:

WOW Back to Puma ownership!! I'm so chuffed for you both :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
It was bound to happen one day.. :-D sounds like a good'un too - 55000 miles!

It's first "outing" will be Rockingham on Sunday :eek:k:

Hello,
I must say tht is a very smart looking Puma, nice low milage too. The wheels look good. I am refubing 17" ST focus wheels of the same style to put on my Puma. Keep us posted on mods etc.
Regards
Richard Mansfield

You forget Vix, we don't argue :p

And it's hardly slumming it or boring if I have to go in my 260bhp Mazda.. :thumbs:

Too much like hard work all that arguing lark..

Went to work today in the little pooooma - was just like old times :)

Washed it tonight (in the drizzle) in readiness for Sunday and it's not in too bad a condition really for a 12 year old car. You only get a real feel for the paintwork when you wash a car I think.

Latest posts

Back