New LMS 180 inlet fitted

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally frp

Here a new LMS 180 inlet fitted to silverbullit99 1.7 Puma on Saturday.

Made 143.5bhp before it was fitted so should be about 150bhp now as it is a screamer!

Car will hopefully be going on rollers this week and will upload the two before and after rolling roads to get a direct comparison.

red said:
:cool: Looks good. What other mods does it have?

Full Stainless Milltek EVO Race System with Decat
Genuine Ford Racing Puma Cams
Genuine Ford Racing Puma airbox with K&N panel filter
Pumaspeed ECU Remap
Lightning motorsport ported and polished 58mm throttle body
Ported and polished head

And now obviously the LMS180 inlet

That's very nice mate..
I`ll he heading over to LMS in the new year for there stage 2 mod.....
Cant wait for the extra ponies..

Is the milltek system very loud?? I will be fitting one in the next 6 weeks. . almost scraped up enough loose change for it..

It's as loud as you want it to be. I have found the longer you hold the throttle the louder it gets lol.

Seriously though... It's not the loudest exhaust out there. I would imagine they will do a resonated version so if you want to live a quieter life I would advise you to go with that. Remember there is also something nice about having more power and refinement(quietness). Also stops the stereotypes of being a boy racer if you've got a noisy exhaust and also being a bad driver cause your car sings at 7200rpm.

Stage 2 will be pretty mad to be honest as the car as it stands is very well balanced and sharp as Fv(K.
If your jumping straight into stage 2 it's a massive jump power wise. The parts on this car was purchased one at a time as they could be afforded with about say 6months between everything being the inlet last to come. Get the racing box as well it drastically changes the acceleration of the car right through the gears easily dropping you straight back into the powerband. 195 45 15 tyres help also with the acceleration

Racing box???? Are you talking the air box??
I must ring puma speed and see if miltek do a quieter box.

The stage 2 will be a huge jump in performance to what im used to but hey its a mid life crisis thing.:)
I always wanted a little screamer and expecting a nice xmas bonus this year so the old girl is getting booked in for an implant or two.. (the car im talking about) :eek:

Dwighet said:
Racing box???? Are you talking the air box??
I must ring puma speed and see if miltek do a quieter box.

The stage 2 will be a huge jump in performance to what im used to but hey its a mid life crisis thing.:)
I always wanted a little screamer and expecting a nice xmas bonus this year so the old girl is getting booked in for an implant or two.. (the car im talking about) :eek:

I'm talking about the gearbox...... lower final drive also has shot pinned 1st and 2nd gears for added strength.

Cheers

Ally

Second hand. Ive got a spare one thats out of my racing though. Don't think there anyone new ones left. They all sold about three yrs again when the parts went to national clearance centre.

ok...question 1.. is your spare up for grabs ??
.2 is there a kit available to build a standard box to a racing box??

I appreciate your help..
See my plan is to keep the car as standard as possible to look at but go like a cut snake...

I have never advertised it and never had intention to sell it as it was my original box out my FRP in case I want to put back to standard.
If your really interested PM me an offer as i have to down size my garage from a 2 and a half wide to a kid on 1 wide when I move to my new house in a few weeks hense why am selling alot of my Puma stuff just now.

If your local I can fit for you too if that helps.

This silver Puma that this engine is in is bog standard looking which is exciting :lol:

Cheers

Ally

Car made 152.5bhp peak at 7200rpm after inlet was fitted 129 lbft of torque
Car before was 143.5 bhp and 132 lbft.

The rolling road graph shows before and after

GREEN before
RED after inlet fitted.

Good stuff

You'll have to keep that motor spinng to really get the most of his mod.
it just keps pulling at the top end.
Its interesting what its done the the big dollop of midrange flatspot you ad wth your previous set up.
How does it drive?

It drives with power being so progressive with the inlet fitted. The more you stick it the more it goes as it used to die a death at peak rpm before. But there is a loss of torque further down with the inlet fitted. Think the inlet is more suited to a more aggressive cam(higher lift) to fully make use of the huge bank of air it has.

interestingly though the guy at rolling road stopped the run at 7200rpm(think he was feart to blow up engine lol) when it made peak bhp power as it was still climbing. Might have made a smidging more maybe 154 or 155 if it was left to rev abit more(7500rpm limit on this ecu)

Ideally a LMS 170bhp cam would be next I think and a custom map although car is so responsive and sharp now it is just so much fun. Car was getting some praise today at RR and how much these engines can put out n/a and how good the 1.7 Yamaha engine is.

Well that shows the design is well engineered (as usual) by Ford.

Mine will probably not get much more than cams and a ported etc head.
At the moment its got a superchip map, polished maf and tb, k+n panel and milltek system.

I recon that getting it to corner faster is easier on the pocket than making it go faster!

ally frp said:
But there is a loss of torque further down with the inlet fitted. Think the inlet is more suited to a more aggressive cam(higher lift) to fully make use of the huge bank of air it has.

This is due to the fact that you have taken down half of your inlet runners. And the longer they are, the better engine will pull low down. That is why Ford (Tickford) made a new inlet WITH the runners going down and then again up: to make them longer and make the engine breathe better at low and medium revs

But nice power figure! :cool:

Back