New, sort of :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenscar

Hi there.

I used to own a 1.7 1998 Puma back in the day - I bought mine new and only sold it because the kids were outgrowing the back seats.

Now my daughter's old enough to drive herself and has just bought a 1.4 as her first car and there are a few things that need sorting out on it, so I thought I'd join the forum and take advantage of your expertise.

M

Hi - great story! Welcome along. :)

If you need a good Puma garage - check the garage list link in my signature below - compiled from feedback given by forum members about their experiences; only the best garages make the list!

What a friendly bunch :)

Here's a quick snap of the Puma in question.

smallpuma.jpg

It's going to need a new driver's door regulator and number plate lights (and probably a parcel shelf as my daughter forgot to ask the owner for it! :( ), but nothing looks seriously wrong with it and it drives like a Puma (I was quite surprised how nippy the 1.4 was).

I'm sure I'll be back to ask more questions as we go :)

Thanks for the friendly welcome.

M

It's nice round here - pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. :eek:k:

New cat looks nice and shiny! Any questions, just ask away - someone will be along to answer usually the same day.

and here's a rather poor shot (640 x 480 - How digital cameras have improved - The silver car was taken with my phone!) of my old blue 1.7.

M

As a matter of interest, does anyone own S539 AMR, my old car?

I traded it in at the Skoda dealer in Basingstoke (now gone I think) and I saw it around Basingstoke some months later, but I've not seen it since.

M.

laurenscar said:
As a matter of interest, does anyone own S539 AMR, my old car?

I traded it in at the Skoda dealer in Basingstoke (now gone I think) and I saw it around Basingstoke some months later, but I've not seen it since.

M.

I asked the same question years ago about my old Melina 1.7 (T910 RRD), also traded in in Basingstoke (City Honda), where was the Skoda outlet, was it on the one way system at the top of town?
Have you checked the .gov mot site to see whether its still on the road?

Yeah, the DVLA site says it's still taxed, so I'm guessing it's still around.

The Skoda dealer was near what used to be DEC's office (Google Maps says it's Cardinal Health now) and it wasn't a one system then. The road it was on is called Grove Road (apparently :) ).

M

Latest posts

Back