New to the forums, just got my first puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fil2eFly

Hey,

As the title says im new to the forums and jst bought my first puma. Ford lover having owned several fiesta track cars. Sold my ford maverick (yeah i know its a nissan bt oh well :D ) as 24mpg was getting a pain and wanted a fun small car for a while.

And here she is :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Paid £1000 for it, needs work but with 12months mot im pleased. Needs a few TLC inside with missing trim, a scabby steering wheel and alot of love to one of the wheel arches :S The lock button on the key was broken too but 5 mins with a soldering iron and working like new.

I do have a question though :D : I have a "door open" light on the dash that dosent go off... So far i have tested the switches on the doors and there fine, i assume the switches operate on a "switching earth" as when the doors open the switch is in the closed position (earthing the wire attached to it) I have also noticed that when the lights are on and the door is open there isent a anoying buzzer like my old fords, but IDK if pumas have this if they do then the broken buzzer may be connected. But im stumped any ideas would be welcome.

Dispite its little problems Iv gota say i love the car has got a nice bit of poke to it, not quite as fast as my 2.0L mk3 fez but not far off.

Thanks for the welcome, had a look at the bonnet switch forgot to say. traced the wire back to the conector, then tested with the curcuit open then closed with a bit of wire and no change to the little light on the dash. Il stick my tester on it tomrow and see i get any funny readings from that. Where is the boot one?

I believe it would be the copper connectors just inside the the bottom edge of the boot. I could be wrong though!

Alreet and welcome along :D

I may be wrong but IIRC its the MK4/5 fiesta springs that should fit as the Puma is based on that chassis :eek:k: (like I say I could be wrong but someone will correct me :) )

Again thanks for the welcome :)

zara#014 said:
Alreet and welcome along :D

I may be wrong but IIRC its the MK4/5 fiesta springs that should fit as the Puma is based on that chassis :eek:k: (like I say I could be wrong but someone will correct me :) )

i recon your right the dampers are probbaly diffrent fittings but wasent sure about the springs, guess il have to wip one off and try :D

Latest posts

Back