Noobs let loose on bumper

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSparta

So we decided to have a crack at the big patch of missing paint on my bumper as it was getting annoying to look at every morning.

Before:

This is what happens if you just try and paint the gap with no prep

Yeah.... :?

So, after wet sanding until smooth, masking off the surrounding areas and adding 1st layer of primer I got this

needed to sand this down again twice and layer up to get it nice and then once happy I added the first layer of delicious Magnum grey :)

Already an improvement I say :thumbs:

after adding 3 more coats I added the clearcoat. This needed 5 coats which I then wet sanded to remove any dribbles and then T-Cut and polished.
End result

Not bad for a first try if I do say so myself :thumbs:

Still a tiny line is visible but compared to how it looked before it is a massive improvement.

Afternoon well spent, Now where's that Cider? :cool:

indeed lol, as soon as I can get the old one off that is. Even after cutting the bolt heads to fit a flathead it is proving to be a challenge to remove them :'(

i cut a slot in my heads and used an old wood chisel and hammer to tap them round, just be careful not to hit them too hard and have the chisel slip out and go through the plastic though.

Back