Not trusting the authorised Ford mechanics

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theartistisblue

Dear readers,

I've been driving my second hand puma for months without problems except the parking sensors which had a problem. Took it to the Ford dealer - ran diagnostics - found the dodgy sensor and fixed it.

I also asked them to check traction control for the sake of safety.

Now they are saying there is an intermittent problem with ABS and Traction control - the lights show up on the dashboard 'intermittently'
My car NEVER displayed these lights in all the months I've been driving it. Co-incidentally on their short road test, they said these lights showed up "intermittently".

They charged me an extra €40 just to run diagnostics. I'm suspecting nothing was wrong with the car and they just messed with the coding (or possibly something physical) in order for this to happen - and in order for me to fork out more cash.

Any suggestions? Also - I will ask them for fault codes. Any way to interpret them?

Thanks

Perhaps it was the way they were driving? If you are not an aggressive driver you may not have provoked the lights to come on?

Back