one for BenF

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be your riding position, adjusting the seat height and the handle bar height could help. I used to cycle loads, not so much any more :cry: and it took me a while to get mine right to stop my neck aching .... either that or i just got used to it :roll:

Your body just isnt used to doing that particular type of exercise it will likely fade in time.Or maybe its the spandex suit and red cape from your avatar thats causing the problem :grin:

is it just on one side?

As has been mentioned above, riding position is critical eg moving my saddle a few millimetres forward made a huge difference to the strain I felt in my arms because less weight was taken by my arms.

I am no expert but could you have pulled a muscle? I sometimes get that especially if I go out and my muscles are cold. My guess is that it is pulled muscle or muscle strain if you only get it in one position and it is only on one side.

The other scenario I get is when I have done a long ride (over 50 or 60 miles) I am sometimes sore at the base of the back of my neck for a few days, simply because I have been in the same position with my head up for so long (I ride a road bike not a mountain bike). That ache is there no matter what position my head or neck are in.

At the risk of blabbering on, what clothing are you wearing? Having the right gear can be expensive but it makes a huge difference. If you are getting a chill down your neck that could be a cause.

It could be that you are just seriously unfit, of course! Bottom line? If it isn't getting better get proper medical advice!

HTH

Cheers Ben,

Yeh just the left shoulder, I'll try moving the seat around to see if that helps.

I ride a road bike too, all of my journey is on the main roads round where I live.

I don't think it's a chill I keep my jacket zipped up, it's a proper day glow cycling jacket.

The seriously unfit idea is still a good diagnosis in my opinion

Was the left one your car bidding arm? it might have more wear on it than the other one :grin:

Back