one off kit car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one. Looking forward to the pictures.

I wonder if you'll have problems getting it road registered these days?

Kizza said:
its tax exempt on an old m reg so cant see any problems with it going back on the road.
It has to be pre 73 to be tax exempt, M's came out in Aug 73 so you'd need to prove it was manufactured before the start of 73 and registered later to get your free tax :)

It'll need a Puma engine then preferably a 1.7 thats had the cambelt water pump and rocker gasket done :thumbs:

hmmm now where might you find something like that locally lol :-D :-D

Hi Kizza
You may have some problems with this. If it's registered as the original car that donated the original parts it may have to go through the IVA test before it can be put back on the road. If it's registered as the name of the kit car you may be in luck. Bye the way Vauxhall Viva's even HA's didn't have a chassis, they were all Monocoques.
Barry

Kizza said:
it hasn't been on the road for a large number of years

From what I understand by the above it's already been on the road, surely then it's simply a case of retaxing and testing as all the required paperwork has been completed in the past to originally get it legal to drive and subsequently be driven on the road anyway.

Hi Kizza
I'm not 100% sure about this but I think that if an old Kitcar has been registered as the donor vehicle there might be some problems now. I hope not for your sake but over the last 10 years we've had to prove to Europe that we can build cars so the SVA and IVA tests had to come in. If the registration document is in the name of the kitcar and it's before 1997 you should be ok.
Barry

Interesting project, I'd drive it!!! :grin:

...it's very MG TD esque but not a kit I recognise. Is there anything writen on the grill badge?

You'll have to keep us up to date with your progress :grin:

Hi Kizza
What's it called on the V5 then?
If you are going to put it back on the road here's a couple of companies you might find useful; Car Builder Solutions and Europa. They usually have the bits that you can only imagine.
Barry

Looks an interesting project :eek:k:
I would look at relocating the petrol cap somewhere higher up.

Is it not more likely that it has Viva running gear fitted to a one off chassis.

Thought I knew most kit cars but do not recognise this one, be interesting to see its progress :thumbs:

Iva can be hard and it's still being upgraded. One of my mates cars has just been failed on an item that wasn't even in the Iva handbook. The fog light switch has now to be a momentary one so that when the ignitions turned off and then turned back on again even if the lights are on the fog light won't come on until the buttons switched again.
And it's bloody dear!!
Barry

Back