Orange Puma anyone know the history?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planetslick

hi guys long time no see, probs wasn't that long ago but works been mental so i haven't been able to get on the internet for some time, i can resist being away from a puma no longer my Calibra is lovely drives like a dream but it lacks the soul that you get from a Puma as such Ive decided i'm going to get a puma over the next few weeks anyone i gave auto trader and piston heads a good look through & in amongst the usual's i spotted this Focus Orange Puma

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201121388157995/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/colour/orange/model/puma/make/ford/page/1/radius/1501/postcode/dh15pq?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.surreycarsalescroydon.co.uk/used-cars/ford-puma-1-7i-16v-3dr-nr-croydon-201121388157992" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

btw i know the black boot is AWFUL! & would be the first thing to go and become orange like the rest of the car

i've done the usual equieries to the dealer and checked the car history ect i'm on the verge of taking the 300 miles rip to get it tomorrow but before i take the leap i was wondering if anyone had seen this car before or knows anything about its past since it is quite distinctive

cheers :)

Sure I saw it for sale @ £1995 parked near Shirley Oaks in Croydon a few weeks ago.
Just checked in spotted and it was 03/06.
The colour sort of distracted me from reading the add in the window, its a bit bright.
I have not seen it driving about this side of Croydon though and it's not the sort of thing you'd miss ( plus I've got the kids trained in kitty spotting ).

I'm sure there is a thread on this car somewhere on Pumapeople.

ah ill have a look i was gonna go get it today but i don't know something just doesn't seem right the guys saying they have loads of people interested and coming to see it but it hasn't sold @ only £1499ono and there's no pics of the engine bay or door sils which worries me that its just a surface respray even though dealer claims its not its a long way for me to go to risk it being rubbish especially when i have a guy i trust up here who would spray me one that colour for £1200 if i rub it down myself so im leaning towars a project rather than getting this one if only it was closer and i could view before buying

You can see the sills in one of the pictures. I'd take a look otherwise you'll always wonder if it was 'the one that got away'.

Maybe one of the Croydon members could check it out for you.
Post up exactly what you want to know, so someone can ask.
I might be that way end of next week, but that may be too late.

My dad spotted it in bromley, he is a taxi driver there, I said there are no orange pumas but obviously I was wrong!

Technically not as there were no factory orange Pumas.

There has been more than one sprayed orange post production though!

It's the whole Focus ST thing. As soon as it came out, everyone went mad spraying things orange. I've seen orange Capri's, Cortinas, Fiestas, and Pumas.

Looked good at the time, but IMO it looks pretty silly now.

Back