Ouch renewal time :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjcs67

My insurance is due for renewal at the end of this month .... currently with LV and their renewal quote is £904 !!! Amazing when their ad says over half their customers pay less than £350 grrrrr small print 52% of them ......

What I dont understand is why it costs almost as much to insure my car as it cost to buy it !!!!!

I'm 44, female, over 9 yrs no claims, no points etc ...... I just happen to live in Manchester M35 which apparently is high risk.

Anyone have any recommendations for other companies, looked at the other posts but none are recent so thought I would ask again, I want one that I can pay monthly too.

Know one thing, will give up a lot of things before I give up Puma Baby ..... still making me smile every day.

Your renewal will always be much higher as they throw you a carrot to get your custom in the first year and try to recoup that the next.

Just try the compare sites and then go back to them to see if they can match or beat it.

Mine's due next month and I'm not looking forward to what the renewal is as my mods to the car mean very few alternatives.

I don't pay much more for 2 cars with my wife insured to driver one of them.. i'd defo be on all of the comparison sites getting quotes.

I always try putting other named drivers on my policy, you would think it would add money, but added my mum or sister and it dropped the premium by £150

Try Ford Lass, I'm with them and they were the cheapest for our neck of the woods for Bee

will do lass- god to see yo and cleo about

Have ben looking for you when I've ben out, first time in ages I'd spotted you

Hows things?

Things are good thanks, just been mad busy with work. Hope you're ok, and good to see you still have Bee on the road.

Will watch out for you as I'm out and about round the area :)

I've found Aviva really good in the last couple of years - I think both my wife's car and mine are insured with them at the moment (neither's a Puma though :) )

Your premium seems crazily high though, my daughter pays in the £9XX range and she's only just passed her test! :eek:.

ive just renewed and it topped out around £550.and for around £700 i can have a newish focus rs,worth around £20k.what a joke!

Hi sjcs67 Im 48, M25 area. 1.7 with only one years no claims due to not driving for years, premium was £ 668 f comp

For me admiral was the cheapest and no one else was anywhere near close to them. I also reduced the value of my car from the £1300 I payed to the £900 its likely worth and which in any event they would still try and pay less than if I made a claim. This made a little difference also at some point north of 30 mins haggling and shortly after calling them an unsavoury name I got a £30 discretionary discount.Looked into adding a lady driver but it didnt reduce the premium in my case.

Maybe this link will help

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/compare-cheap-car-insurance#step1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck

I suspect puma insurance will comparatively increase for a few years now due to the age of the cars and the demograph of the drivers who have them.

They are more accessible to young drivers than ever before and hence the claims history on the puma will be getting worse not better.

Christ and I was whinging about £220 FC...and £109 for the Buell Hooligan (me bike), commiserations guys!...age hath its virtues...not many though!

Price comparison sites, very easy to shop around these days.

According to my risk data, M35 is high risk but lower than my own down the road, and I'm doing two cars for not much more.

laurenscar said:
I've found Aviva really good in the last couple of years - I think both my wife's car and mine are insured with them at the moment (neither's a Puma though :) )

Your premium seems crazily high though, my daughter pays in the £9XX range and she's only just passed her test! :eek:.

I have 3 cars insured through Aviva, all fully comp, all protected NCB, all limited mileage and I pay less than £650 to cover all 3.

Back