Over Heating

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper65

could anyone give me some advice please. the wife has just rung me from the city centre where she is shopping to inform me the puma is overheating, there is plenty of water in the car and the resovoir but she noticed the temperature gauge riseing and then steam from under the bonnet.

could this be the water pump? or what else would probaly be the main cause?

any help would be much apreciated :thumbs:

The cars now back home after the wife drove it home with the heater on flat out in the car. It works out about 9 miles but the temperature gauge didn't rise higher than the halfway mark.

I have had a play and ruled out the water pump and thermostat, one thing is could be is the Radiator fan? I don't think I have ever heard it work yet on this car, is there a fan switch anywhere that can be replaced? I'll give the fan a check over tomorrow.

another update:

Just tried the fan straight from the battery and nothing happening! disconnected the plug from what looks like the fan motor near the middle of the fan and run it straight to the battery, seems like I may well have found the problem.

are these repairable or is it a straight exchange for another?

Identical symtoms on my Daughters 1.7, changed the heater control valve and problem fixed

cheers for the reply alan.

I'm thinking its the Rad fan playing up as I can't get it to work even when running it straight to the battery, it's totaly dead.

I'm not sure yet how to remove the fan from the car? it looks like its removed from under the car from here it slides into a bracket. the other thing I'm miffed about is the wires that run into the fan are GREEN/YELLOW and the other BLACK, probably a silly question but which one of these is the live supply?

Jasper

Back