Petrol smell

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enndee

Smell of petrol inside car but only when driving and then only after a minute or so. Got under the car yesterday and no obvious leaks, no petrol smell while underneath, tank looks in decent condition. Any ideas anyone please?

Could be a seam going on the tank or a split in the breather pipe, both will depend on the amount of fuel in the tank, movement etc
Could also be a very small leak near the engine so once switched off you would see nothing, open the bonnet with engine running se what you can see/smell

I had fuel smell the other day. fuel line had a small crack in engine department. it had a hairline leak when fuel pump was running. check your fuel lines near the exhaust manifold. they get brittle and it's a bad place to get a broken line.

I had to remove the spiral stuff on the tubes to see the leak properly.

first it was the return line. and a week later the main line also burst. they don't sell original fuel lines any more but the part in the engine room can easily be changed to a ordinary fuel hose in rubber. 8mm id if i remember correctly

also some fuel smell from fuel cap when driving vigorously.. but that is not as bad.

fuelleak.JPG

Back