Phone???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinc2000

Hi guys.

Bit more work on buttercup today and finally got round to inputting the radio code after reconnecting the battery for what I hope will be the last time.

Screen on radio is now showing "phone" which according to audio book is indication of a connected device.

Now I have never had anything connected to it, especially a phone as I am of the opinion that mobile phones should never be anywhere near a car, hands free or not, so....any ideas?

Could it be the unit has got damp during storage? if so will it maybe correct itself with the car being used?

While "phone" is showing it will let me do nothing else :?

I found a similar issue about it here: http://www.unlockforum.com/showthread.php/ford-6000-cd-stuck-phone-mode-9662.html?s=8d2e2172013bc192bb586eca2fda3839&

This guys car had had a phone kit installed at some point by the sounds of it.

Thanks for that red, looks like some rummaging is in order, I will pull the unit first and have a look, then maybe I will have to dive under the dash.....will let you know what I find

Ok so finally got back in the garage and pulled the radio unit.....two wires had been spliced into one of the connectors on the back at some time, both had then been cut so have no idea where they had been wired too.....removed both the splice boxes (the blue clamp over type) and taped the wires to prevent any shorting......replaced unit....still saying "phone" :?
Can see no more extra wires so any ideas anybody

zinc2000 said:
[post]359287[/post] ...replaced unit....still saying "phone"
Sound like the coil pack to me the radio needs resetting to rediscover that what it thought was a phone is no more. But...you would have disconnected the radio to do that job which, obviously, resets it anyway. If, and I reckon you did, you had to put the code in again, before it come up with 'Phone' this time...then I'm out of ideas on this.

You could try disconnecting the battery and pressing the radio On button for 30 seconds to discharge the internal capacitors and then reconnect battery again, but that really is a long shot.

Aye, i thought that disconnecting it would reset it as well but still comes up with "phone" am now wondering if the damp during its two years in the garge could have got to it, unit has been in the house overnight so will reconnect it in the morning and see what happens :?

found this on the net, dont know if its any help

http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=115077

Thanks alfie, thought drying the unit out indoors might have helped but no..still showing phone, no wires touching anything so guess it may be internal, might just go the easy route and replace it...or sing :grin:

Happy Birthday to me and I have music in Buttercup, gave up on the unit and bought a fitting/adapter kit to use one of the many stereo's I seem to have laying around the house!
17309077_1825124184179944_5025437078866864724_n.jpg

Just the clock to sort

Back