Pleasantly Surprised!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikB23

I needed a cheap car to do a commute for a new contract I'm on and having heard good things about the Puma I thought I'd give it a try. Needed something economical but as always, I wanted something that was going to put a bit of a grin on my face too.

I'm a 38 year old male and have owned around 40 cars of various makes and models (usually sporty!) and I have to admit I'm blown away. For pure fun I'd rate this little car up in the top 5 of cars I've owned, not for outright speed, but just for the fun on the twisty stuff. I've brought a tidy, very well maintained '98 1.7 with 80k for a very reasonable £630. It hasn't got the demon rot on the arches and the interior looks like new. It's pretty much standard but has had an MSD ignition kit and a K&N 57i induction kit fitted. Sounds nice (not too loud) and the mid range is great (possibly helped by the MSD stuff?). I'm chuffed!

I always join a relevant forum when I buy a new car as they've saved my life (and my bank balance!) a thousand times so here I am...

Here's my car;

255676_10150317930821124_529006123_9881833_4656027_n.jpg

252426_10150317931446124_529006123_9881838_5507310_n.jpg

252106_10150317931496124_529006123_9881839_6906060_n.jpg

249901_10150317931381124_529006123_9881837_4213146_n.jpg

Welcome along :eek:k:

Can't get better than a moondust Puma on prop alloys in my opinion! Hope we can be of use in the future :thumbs:

Dal said:
Welcome along :eek:k:

Can't get better than a moondust Puma on prop alloys in my opinion! Hope we can be of use in the future :thumbs:

You're right. I looked at a green one and a blue one (both with spoked alloys) but neither looked anywhere near as nice as this one!

I've just noticed your subtle mod that mine had : the colour coded chin below the number plate.

:eek:k:

Dal said:
I've just noticed your subtle mod that mine had : the colour coded chin below the number plate.

:eek:k:

Yeah I noticed that too but converting mine back. The front bumper on mine has the black plastic splitter completely missing and a lot of stone chips and scuffs so I managed to get a complete moondust bumper (with splitter) off eBay for a bargain £14 + £16 for postage. I do quite like the colour coding though so may do that myself sometime at a later date. Depends if tha car becomes a keeper but I suspect it will!

Welcome nice puma!

You mean the skirt? The splitter was FRP specific. although getting a splitter would be a good alternative!

Xrion236 said:
Welcome nice puma!

You mean the skirt? The splitter was FRP specific. although getting a splitter would be a good alternative!

Sorry, just using a generic term for the lower part of the front spoiler. I guess you would call it a skirt.

MikB23 said:
Xrion236 said:
Welcome nice puma!

Sorry, just using a generic term for the lower part of the front spoiler. I guess you would call it a skirt.

Would be awesome if the Puma came with a splitter by default though!

Xrion236 said:
MikB23 said:
Xrion236 said:
Welcome nice puma!

Yeah. I did see a carbon fibre one on eBay but they wanted £200 for it! I only paid £600 for the car! :lol:

Hi, welcome along. Good to see another new member from Southampton.I think that makes 3 of us now,I could be wrong but havent come across anyone else other than, Daz_zz_er

MikB23 said:
Xrion236 said:
MikB23 said:
Xrion236 said:
Welcome nice puma!

Yeah. I did see a carbon fibre one on eBay but they wanted £200 for it! I only paid £600 for the car! :lol:

£100 from PumaBuild

Nice car and I've just 'downgraded from something a little bigger :lol: ' They are brilliant little cars and have done a few mods to mine to make better still. Amazing really as it has a third of the power of my last car but is actually as much fun!!!

Hi and welcome :eek:k:

So many people have this same story including myself - I bought my Puma ( a silver one of course...lol) in October 08 to be a go-between car for a MAXIMUM 3 months!!. I've had it nearly 3 years now and spent a bloody fortune on it but it's just so much fun it's been worth every penny....nearly....lol :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back