Polar Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adampuma said:
cd player surround looks either upside down or a different kind of fascia that only exists in finland!

They also exsist in the UK....

wip3 said:
But what next? Some sport/bucket seats maybe?

What next for what? Interior, Exterior, Engine, Suspension & Brakes?

Have a look throught peoples project threads and get inspiration from there.

I'm not sure if i should keep "improving" this car or save the money. Upgrading the suspension or the brakes further feels a bit useless without any power increase so increasing the bhp would come first. Hmm...

What i was refering to was you saying increasing the power first.... i was meaning you should do them both at the same time or handling first and then power.... you don't want a rocket you can't control...

What have I done with the car if not improved the handling? :D I have decent suspension, poly bushes and good wheels and tires. I don't think there's much to improve other than adding camber somehow. Brakes would definately need upgrading at some point, but I think that the current stock discs and EBC greenstuff pads would handle a few more horses. I usually don't do longer than 20 minute stints at the track so they don't tend to overheat. So at this point I don't think I would need to improve the handling to "survive" the power...

I've decided to put the puma away for winter and I only have few weeks to drive it this year. I decided to wash and wax the car and it seems the paint is still in pretty good condition:
IMG_6421.JPG

Here's a wallpaper I made for myself after removing the fogs and modifying my cold air intakes water stopper.
Untitled-4.jpg

I also got a new rear silencer for the exhaust. There isn't much difference between the stock silencer and the one I replaced it with, but the current exhaust sounds great on offpower which you can hear on the video :wink:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX1JHGpYSno[/youtube]

4-2-1 manifold, Mondeo throttle body, FRP cams, remap, mondeo brakes and poly bushes to the front next year.

My left rear light was broken and had moisture in it so decided to replace it.

old vs. new

IMG_0384.JPG

I also decided to get new brakes and ended up ordering some used ST150 calipers. Need some refurbishing, but they look like they've survived pretty well. I was surprised that they weigh so much. Caliper is 5,7kg and disc 6,9kg.

IMG_0388.JPG

Haven't updated this for a while now. Mostly because haven't done much to the car other than just enjoyed driving it :cool:

I got my new brakes in few months ago and they're great. Awesome stopping power and no fade what so ever even running 20+ min stints at the track. Look great to my eye as well.

affe3.jpg

Only thing other than the brakes I've done is removing the front anti-roll bar. I felt that the front of the car was too stiff and I got some sudden understeer sometimes. Removing the front arb worked great. The front axle feels a little softer, but there is much much more grip and the ride quality improved. Also feels like getting a locked diff because the inner wheel isn't lifting when exiting a corner. I'd suggest trying this out if you're running AP coils. Really makes a difference.

So haven't done much and most likely the car will stay like this for rest of the summer. I'm happy with it and the only thing I might be missing are some proper harnesses.

Lastly some pics and a video from a trackday last Monday.

affe1.jpg

affe2.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrp5yEMX1-0[/youtube]

Improved my time from last year by more than 3 seconds. Only changes are removing the front ARB and Yokohama Advan AD08 vs last years Toyo T1R.

Sold the car to a friend and I'm now driving a supercharged mk1 MX-5. Puma was awesome, but sometimes you have to give something up to get something more :|

Back