Poorboys Black Hole Glaze on FRP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaNoob

Hi all, ive been reading reviews on this stuff, all seem really good, but every one has been on a blak car, has anyone tried it on any other colours? Im thinking of using it on my FRP, and carbon bonnet. Also, does anyone know what the process is, i understand that you wipe it on and buff it off, but is there anything else needed, pre wash and wax, or a sealant after ect?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I use it on my Magnum Grey Puma, and Ian used it on his FRP at Fiesta in the Park. It does bring a little extra depth to the colour and masks some imperfections.

The order you should do things in is:

Wash
Clay (optional)
Polish
Glaze <--- black hole
Seal (optional)
Wax

No point putting black hole on after sealant or wax cos it'll just wash off.

Man, i need to learn how to detail my car properly, you put wax on AFTER seal?? And AFTER black glaze?? First off, i thought wax was polish :oops: I really am a noob when it comes to detailing!!

Thanks mate, i have diamond bright, is that what you would call a seal?

So id wash, clay (yet to buy), polish (yet to buy), glazse with black hole, seal with diamond bright, and then use my meguirs wax?

This is the Wax i use, but it also says polish on the top right :?:

IMG00592-20120722-2128.jpg

That cleaner wax is an "all in one" - so if you put it over black hole, it would probably remove it; it's supposed to do all the above steps in one go - pulling out dirt and old product, reducing the appearance of scratches, then leaving behind a layer of sealant/wax to protect the newly-clean paint. You can only use an "all in one" on its own (after washing and drying, and optionally claying) as it will remove or spoil any work you've done beforehand.

Diamondbrite is a sealant, but not a very good one (apparently - never used it myself). It's probably not significantly worse than any other sealant but gets a bad name cos greedy dealers charge a fortune to apply it (badly) to new cars and it's just not worth what they're charging.

Wax is not polish!! Most of the improvement in appearance is done during the cleaning and preparation stage. Sealant and/or wax simply 'locks in' all your hard work. It's the claying and polishing that gives you the depth of colour and shine.

I'd point you in the direction of this combo. This is a cleanser/polish/sealant and separate dedicated wax combination. Gives a great finish for not a lot of money.

Personally, I think the Car-Lack 68 Nano-Systematic care cleanser/polish/sealant gives a better finish than the black hole. Here's what it looks like on my car (albeit followed by a layer of Car-Lack Long-Life sealant and Autoglym HD Wax rather than Collinite).

Another combo you might want to try (though it doesn't come in a handy kit) is Bilt-Hamber Cleanser Polish and Black Hole, followed by a dedicated wax (I like Autoglym HD wax myself).

Not really a fair comparison, due to different cameras and lighting conditions etc, but you can see the difference in finish. The Car-Lack gives a 'wet' finish, the Bilt-Hamber/Black Hole is more of a 'mirror' finish.

Car-Lack 68 NSC, LLS, Autoglym HD Wax:
detailingupdate.jpg

Bilt-Hamber Cleanser Polish, Black Hole, Autoglym HD Wax:
7197650892_4520baabba_b.jpg

Sorted, thanks for the advice, ordered the Autoglym HD wax, I think I'm going to try both black hole & car lack combo, see which works out best for my car, but I'm loving the 1st pic of your car, on the link for your car, the paintwork looks like brand new!!! If I can get anywhere near that, I'll be happy. I'll try out the diamod brite as I already have it, if it doesn't get me the desired results, I'll try something else!

If you've never clayed your paintwork, that's the first thing you'll want to do before applying fancy sealants and waxes!

Bilt-Hamber clay is my favourite because you can just use water for lubrication; many of the others expect you to buy a matching 'detailing spray'.

Also, it doesn't sound like you have a cleansing stage product.

For Shampoo, look no further than Dodo Juice Born to be Mild. Ideally you should use two buckets with grit guards and a woolly mitt (not a big yellow sponge) when washing your car to avoid inflicting more scratches (poor wash technique will have been responsible for most of the imperfections in your paintwork). One bucket with soapy water, another with clean water. You dip your mitt in the soapy water, squeeze out onto the panel you want to wash to lubricate, and gently run the mitt over the paintwork. Then rinse the mitt in the second bucket. Repeat.

Then you can clay.

When clean and clayed, you need a polish - this is where the Car-Lack Nano Systematic Care or Bilt-Hamber Cleanser Polish comes in. Autoglym Super Resin polish is also very good but you need to work it in until it goes clear - edit: I'm outvoted on this - UDS all the way!

When polished, that's where the glaze and/or sealant comes in - Black Hole, followed by the Diamondbrite you already have or Car-Lack Long Life Sealant (what I use).

Then you can wax. Less is more! Crazy Pile microfibres are awesome for buffing wax. :thumbs:

Ginger Tom said:
Yoda (Evilrob), I prefer the autoglym ultra deep shine polish on the imperial blue compared to the hd polish
Did you mean HD Wax?

UDS is an all-in-one filler polish and final stage, so should hide scratches and make the dark blue look delicious. You don't need to put anything else over it as it contains bit of wax and silicone for protection.

HD Wax is just a wax - it locks in the look you've achieved with polish/glaze/sealant/whatever rather than making the paintwork look better. All the improvement in appearance should have happened before you get to wax.

There isn't an HD polish - do you mean Super Resin Polish? You really have to work Super Resin Polish otherwise all you get is chalky dust.

Can't argue with the finish of UDS on your FRP though - looks amazing! :thumbs:

Agreed with SRP - I find this is far better and much less dusty

097_160.jpg

You people are horrible!!!! ;p

Now i dont know what the hell to try!!

I suppose ive already got some stuff on the way, so ill try them and see how it turns out.

Give me an engine conversion any day over cleaning products!!! :lol:

It's all very subjective - you'll never get two people with the same list of favourite detailing products! What have you got ordered already?

evilrob said:
It's all very subjective - you'll never get two people with the same list of favourite detailing products! What have you got ordered already?

To add to this, you'll need to try different products to get the look your going for, I've not quite found mine yet, might have to try some different wax

Back