**POSTPONED** Demelza at Shepreth Wildlife Park Sat 15th May

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Our first visit to our Puma, Demelza, at Shepreth Wildlife Park Saturday 15th May 2010.

scan0001.jpg

Plan to meet at 12 noon at:

B&Q St. Neots : Priors Gate, Eaton Socon, St Neots, Cambridgeshire PE19 8EL‎
(Postcode not exact - see map, but you'll see B&Q anyway)

(Not Tesco as originally intended, see the end of this post)

Google Map link >link<

We'll then drive the 15 or so miles to the park round some nice twisty roads which should be good.

Shepreth Wildlife Park, Station Road, Shepreth, Herts, SG8 6PZ

Google map link >here<

http://www.sheprethwildlifepark.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(See also the Demelza sponsorship thread >here< for more information)

Then visit the park for a few hours. I've had a word with the manager at Shepreth Wildlife park and have arranged for a senior keeper to at least give us a talk on Demelza and what they do in the park for conversation, research etc.

Haley - Manager @ Shepreth Widelife Park said:
Hi ... I have informed the keepers of your visit, feeding is at 2.30pm so Kat Lyon our head keeper will be on hand to give you a talk.
Best Regards

Haley Kelly
Office Manager

Finishing up with a drive back up through the lanes to Hartford Marina for a meal (2 for 1 Pub).

Google Map link >here<

http://www.pub-explorer.com/cambs/pub/hartfordmill.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

millhousehuntingdon1_small.jpg

If you are a current sponsor of Demelza, then you are entitled to get the discount card for admission to the park. If you have this card, then remember to bring it! If you haven't got the card yet and are a Demelza sponsor, then send me your name and address and I'll get them to send you one out. You don't have to be a sponsor to come along though of course!

This meet is the day before the Fiesta In The Park show, so if you're coming down for that anyway it might be an idea to get a place to stay over that night for the show the next day.

Not planning on the drives being a mad blast through the countryside, but more a casual drive especially as some of the cars will need to be clean for Fiesta In The Park the next day!(Show thread >here<)

Put your name in this thread so I can update the list as well as if you have / need a sponsorship card etc. or see also the Demelza sponsorship thread >here< for more information.

Attendees:

1. RED
2. Dal
3. Cherie
4. Jacko
5. XIIVVX +1
6. Neil
7. Zarablackcoupe
8. Midnight Blue
9. Expatscot (tentative)
10. Pumapilot (Definite maybe)
11. Puma Babe + Pumadaddy + Care team
12. BenF
13. Fury556
14. Nippydee +1
15. Martinthrapston

Edit 16/04/10: Meet point changed as Tesco where we were going to meet have just started lots of building work in the car park and it's always heaving in there on Saturday mornings anyway.

Edit 27/04/10: Might possibly have to postpone this meet. Please see this thread:

>Latest update<

Meet postponed until further notice due to Demelza's ill health at this time.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=6685&p=104831#p104831" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New date to be confirmed as soon as I know.

Sorry :(

put me down! (il supply my own gun!)

might have to come to fiesta in the park now too!

will have a look around for a hotel. if i cant find one youl open your window to find me 'dug in' on your front lawn with a full on command centre under camo netting etc!!!!! prob with warren too. anyone for a brew?!!!

Spoken to Mrs XIIVVX and it looks like we might well be up for this.

Name and address for discount card are on the way by PM

I 'd quite like to send another sponsorship donation before then. Can you remind me how it's done?

Thanks Jacko and XIIVVX !

If you want to sponsor Demelza, then go to >this< thread and follow the instructions, extract here:

Dal said:
If you would like to sponsor Demelza to help in the conservation work at Shepreth Wildlife park as well as projects all over the world, then you can make a donation via paypal to [email protected]. Just send it by choosing the "Personal" and "other" settings -Click here for visual- so all your donation goes where it's intended and Paypal don't get a penny.

We suggest a minimum of £5 as a donation, but it's up to you. You can also pay us in person or by cheque. Please ask for details.

:thumbs:

May well be up for this too :D sounds like a good day out!

I haven't got a card yet mate, think I sent you my new address tho if not gis a shout :D

jacko said:
put me down! (il supply my own gun!)

might have to come to fiesta in the park now too!

will have a look around for a hotel. if i cant find one youl open your window to find me 'dug in' on your front lawn with a full on command centre under camo netting etc!!!!! prob with warren too. anyone for a brew?!!!

I know we'r only 20 mile down the road from you mate but if you want to save sum dosh your welcome to doss here...

Will chip in with a tentative attendance for this.....

With the exception of meeting Dal/Cherie in a dim car park, have yet to catch up with any of you fine Puma folks... may even try to get to a meet sooner than this one anyway.

1st post updated with confirmations of feeding time and Head keeper talk.

I was wondering if Haley was taking the mickey with that name!

Latest posts

Back