Power upgrade or wallet eater?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsounds02

Simple question guys, whats the review on these anyone used one or know of somebody that has, does it live upto its expectations and deliver.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUELMAX-30-Petrol-Diesel-Saver-FORD-MUSTANG-EXPLORER_W0QQitemZ170427234830QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27ae413a0e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's amazing how one magical component can do all this...

SAVES UP TO 31% ON FUEL!!!
GENERATES UP TO +35BHP EXTRA!!!
WORKS ON PETROL OR DIESEL
FITS ANY VEHICLE
EASY FIVE MINUTE FITMENT
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE RIGHT AWAY
SMOOTHER GEAR CHANGES
BETTER ACCELERATION
BETTER FUEL ECONOMY
LESS EMISSIONS
LESS OIL CHANGES
LESS WEAR AND TEAR ON THE
ENGINE

...and yet cost bugger all. I'd save your cash.

I know i sound gullable to be interested in it but thought id just check out if anyones acctually give one a go and failed so i dont have to lol.

I'm extremely sceptical, if it was that simple/cheap to have something with that many benefits would not all car manufacturers fit them as standard to increase the sellability of their cars. These type of car 'enhancements' crop up on Ebay all the time usually in rotation as there is always a few thousand dummies who will buy them. Then once it has lived it's useful 'scam' life another one comes out to get the next set of dummies who come along.

The funny thing is the money back guarantee, which is always the same.....they cost 99p so if no good you get your 99p back...but by the way, postage is £13.99 in this case and usually incredibly high on all these types of items, which incidently, you won't get back....lol

Try asking him if you can come and pick it up, I'm pretty sure the answer will be no with the reason being something like, they are shipped direct from the warehouse or something just as unbelievable.

To be honest it looks like yet another example of eBay tat. Bit like them eBay super performance chips that boast they can boost your BHP by 50. I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. Them figures they are boasting are as worthless as the auction its written on so i wouldnt read too much into them.

now i know im not going to get 5bhp out of these but maybe 1? and 2 miles to my tank everytime i fill up they 'apparantly' are fitting these to all new cars lol. im not sure but it must have some ethic as ive heard of these years ago from my cousin he always said that small engines have nothing to gain from these but some cars may.. maybe a 1700 maybe some1 has fit one to there 7litre supercar? just wondered can some1 buy one and tell me haha.

They are not fitting them to new cars, whoever told you that is full of rubbish.

Spot on haGGard, the theory of improved airflow and therefore performance is well proved, thats how they can claim the figures. This thing is sold flat so you have to bend it to create the ideal flow for the shape of your inlet system, I would guess without serious study and research not many would get it right.
Bet the instructions also say disconnect battery, when you reconect the ECU would relearn and get over the problem you just fitted.
Waste of money I think.
Jon.

Except all you would be doing is sticking a massive obstruction in your induction setup. There is some mathematical truth to the vortex idea, but if nothing else you'd need to put a vortex generator after the throttle body, and really you'd need to design the induction system from the ground up to use vortexes

I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head there Peter, if you had a vortex form anywhere from the airbox to the head there's probably a 100% chance (therefore bugger all) of it still being a vortex by the time it got to the bore. My feeling would be to get this to work - and I don't think it would make a blind bit of difference anyway - would be to have the vortex created as it was enetering the combustion chamber. AND, the compression created anyway would supress any vortex.

Summary of this device....complete BS...lol

Back