Pretensioners. ARRRGHHHHH!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The commentary on the vid made me laugh out loud - mainly because it sounded just like me when I get a result!

Yeah, I'm totally devoid of emotion when working on a problem and think like a computer....but when the job's done and I get a good result, I'm just like that. :p

Get in indeed.

Awesome result Lee, glad it got sorted. Shame you went through all that stress, modules and pretensioners in the process. Jegger lives to see another day !!

XAF said:
[post]355964[/post] Awesome result Lee, glad it got sorted. Shame you went through all that stress, modules and pretensioners in the process. Jegger lives to see another day !!
Cheers mate! I've still got to send those modules back to you - I'll get them posted next week! Thanks for the spares and the support!

I watched the video with and without sound, it was much better with sound :lol:

Well done, does this mean you're back on for the MOT?

Yes, I'll be getting it booked in in the next few weeks. I should say that I'm not expecting it to pass, but I'm looking at it more for a list of urgent stuff from the fail sheet. If it passes, then that's great!

Hate the sound of my own voice....

Everyone does I think..

Something (I imagine) to do with it not sounding back to you how it sounds when you're actually speaking.

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]355965[/post]
XAF said:
[post]355964[/post] Awesome result Lee, glad it got sorted. Shame you went through all that stress, modules and pretensioners in the process. Jegger lives to see another day !!
Cheers mate! I've still got to send those modules back to you - I'll get them posted next week! Thanks for the spares and the support!

No probs at all. Glad I could attempt to help our little bit of the Internet

I thought about this thread as I was locking the garage door this evening.

10 months back, I had an intermittent 'clicking' on starting problem. No pattern, might start fine, might be 2 - 6 clicks and then start fine. Elimination troubleshooting (not easy with 'intermittents' - is the wire testing OK, because it is OK or because you caught it in a good mood?) and cleaning/checking narrowed it to inhibit starter relay. Changed that - fixed. 9 months of starting first time, every time. Result.

Last week, turned key - click back and since. Tonight - changed relay - test - click, and next try it starts. There is something intensely irritating about utter trivia, especially when you have no idea what to try next. Still, tomorrow a plan will emerge...maybe a temp. jumper bypass in place of the relay or something, we'll see.

But yeah, I thought of this thread and can well understand why people give their cars a damn good thrashing with tree branches. :)

tuonokid said:
[post]361253[/post] Amen!!!!
Yep, something about trivia that really gets me. Totally illogical and most odd, I reckon it relates to this - http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/is-chinese-water-torture-effective/

For what it's worth, the problem is now 'fixed', well, as much fixed as you can ever say about any intermittent problem. Just needed calm logic and a can of Contact Cleaner. :)

Latest posts

Back