Pro Race 1.2 15in or 17in

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clemo

My Puma's currently lowered with Eibach springs and I have a set of 17in multi-spokes that I've had for a few good years, I'm now suffering lots of air pressure loss, especially in this cold weather, and no number of trips to the tyre fitters can fix the issue. (tyres are fairly new).

So looking at replacing them with Pro Race 1.2, just need to decide on 15 or 17's. Currently thinking of going back to 15 to help improve handling and ride, but do have a set of decent 17 Toyo T1Rs on current tyres that I could use on new 17s.

I also think the ST150 brakes I have will look better under the 15s.

So what do you reckon, 15 or 17?

XIIVVX said:
Thread swerve..

Have you tried squirting some sealant in?

That's been tried before but only lasts for a short period before I start getting the same issues.

This may not help, but have a look at my project thread.
You will see I'm currently running on 16" 1.2's but my Puma is standard height.

This with a 17" 1.2 test fitted on the front, again at standard height:

18062011127.jpg

The jack is not holding the car up... I just left it under there..

Hey, I had the same problem with the mrs puma, brought it with 17's fitted an 2 of the wheels would loose pressure over a matter of days, when fitting new tyres I found they had hairline cracks on the inside lip!

Only other places they can leak (aside from a punture in the tyre itself) is the valve an surrounding hole or the rim itself..

I'd suggest removing the offending wheels, get a spray bottle with soapy water an checking for bubbles, its how we check it in the trade! :wink:

Severio said:
Hey, I had the same problem with the mrs puma, brought it with 17's fitted an 2 of the wheels would loose pressure over a matter of days, when fitting new tyres I found they had hairline cracks on the inside lip!

Only other places they can leak (aside from a punture in the tyre itself) is the valve an surrounding hole or the rim itself..

I'd suggest removing the offending wheels, get a spray bottle with soapy water an checking for bubbles, its how we check it in the trade! :wink:

I've been down this route before and the wheel bubbles around the edge, but nothing wrong with the tyre having had it checked. Very frustrating, however, gives me an excuse to change the wheels!

Back