problem with my alarm!! please help!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amymarlow85

I have never had a problem with my alarm before but last night it randomly started sounding so I unlocked it and checked all the doors etc were shut and locked it again but the alarm went off again. So i did the same again and locked it and it was ok but when I got to work this morning and locked it it did the same again but this time it didnt matter how many times I unlocked it and locked it again it kept going off so I have had to take the fuse out to stop it going off. I don't know why this has suddenly started and need some advise before I visit the garage on what it could possibly be. Please help!!!!

Mine was the bonnet switch, I ended up taping it down in the end.

Does your door ajar light on the dash come on at any time? Mine would often flash as I am driving along, I think I may actually need to tighten the latch to my bonnet if possible, that might be the route of my problem but taping the switch up means I can at least alarm the car without getting a rude awakening.

All the best

Thanks for the suggestions I will check.

Im not sure if it has anything to do with the fact I cant use my key fob to lock the car remotely as I have previously tried to reset the alarm but the key fob doesn't flash after you take it out of the ignition and direct it at the sensor to do the next steps.I have checked the batteries in the fob and they are fine so not sure if it's a new key fob that I need to reset this. Can I buy a new fob with going through an expensive ford garage? Would this be causing the alarm to sound? I can't understand why the alarm is sounding if it hasn't been set with the key fob??so confused!!!!

I thought the alarm is set based on a switch/sensor or something on the door lock.
People have found that if the lock is loose in the door, when it is locked manually with the key, the switch/sensor is not activated properly, therefore the alarm system doesn't think it has been locked/unlocked properly.....

I could be corrected though.... :grin:

Yay! Just to let you all know the problem has been sorted!

After doing all the checks you guys recommended above one of the guys at work disconnected the battery for me and left it off for an hour then connected it back again and I have done the reset of the alarm as it says on here and it has worked! So chuffed shes all better.

Thanks for the advise and I have found some other info on here for other smaller problems with my car that can now be rectified.

Thanks again!

:grin:

Back