Problem with my central locking

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs_derv

Hi

I have two main problems with this since owning the car (1998 Green 1.7L)

1. The central locking can only be operated from the driver's side keyhole. Trying in the passenger side does nothing, not even locks the passenger door!
How can I make the central work from both doors?

2. I never got the 'plip fob' with the car and wondering how I go about getting one?

Sounds as though you have a faulty lock on the passenger side to me.

Do you mean you've never had the Remote central locking key with the 2 buttons on it?
[albumimg]125[/albumimg]

If you haven't then I'm afraid it's a trip to mr fords as you need a remote one to program another :(
Read this, might make things a bit clearer why:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=129#129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ive only ever used the key to get into mine once, and that was when the battery had gone flat. Was worried it wouldnt work with it being deadlocked but got in passenger door.

The central locking stopped working on the driver's side so:

My bf had to remove the door card on the driver's side and saw that the bolt holding the key barell in place was loose, so when I turned the key the whole barell rotated rather than just the unlock mechanism inside it!

Tightened the bolt and the central locking works with key on driver's side now! :)

I have a similar problem.
Have just bought a Puma & as the 2-button remote not working have sent for new batteries. Currently using key to open doors and found the central locking only works properly on the passenger's side. However, it will central lock on drivers side....just not unlock anything.
Do you think once I have replaced the batteries the remote will operate the central locking from both sides....or could this indicate a more complicated problem?
I did take the door panel off yesterday to see that the electrics weren't loose or that there wasn't anything obvious wrong...would the next stage be to take the door lock apart?

Id wait until your new batteries come though as if it works with the remote you can save the hastle. So long as you can get into the car in a jam i wouldnt risk messing with it.

i have the same problem with my driverside door central locking not working with the key, havent got round to putting it right yet. is this a common fault???????????

Latest posts

Back