Problem With Rear Shocks

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulZ

Cars been in the garage today for my long awaited full suspension rebuild.

However my mechanic has encountered a problem with the rear shocks.
When he comes to put the rear assembly together the lip for the retaining clip/circlip (what ever you wish to call it) is smaller than the ford one so upon releasing the tension from the spring onto the top mount it simply pushes the circlip past the lip.

Iv checked with Sachs and I do have the correct part.
So has anyone had a similar problem or any advice regarding this.

I have read that you should use new clips which I will be getting tomorrow and giving to my mechanic but any other tips would be much appreciated.

Sorry I don't have any specific measurements I didn't have time today so will try and go tomorrow.

PaulZ

New clips are a must as far as I'm concerned, particularly as when I removed my old shocks one of them wasnt held together with the clip at all.

I bought new ford clips for mine and even then one of the struts sprang apart while I was holding it admiring my work.

yea that's first on my list. hoping that the originals have just been "stretched" a little when being removed and haven't retained there original diameter.

PaulZ

Latest posts

Back