Project Aiya (Pic heavy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparx said:
quest63 said:
Funnily enough I like the other list for some reason :grin:

I have made a huge mistake and now wish I had resprayed my car in Pacific green like questy's
slayllian said:
:shock: :shock:

cant post pics, so have to put something to jazz it up! lol anyway how do you put lines through the list like everyone else seems to?

Theres a little box with an S for STRIKE, use it the same way as you would B for BOLLOX

The project is now in many pieces, got a bit carried away with the detailing and removed just about everything but the engine block. Should be back on the road in the next month or two. Got a few upgrades to carry out before it goes on the road.

UPDATE: cars now getting sorn

• Front end rebuild (in progress):

Replace aux belt & Idler
    Replace intake to head gasket
    Fit new horn
    New bonnet alarm switch
    New lower wishbone arms
    New drop links
    Replace anti roll bar bushes
    Drop, clean up/ recondition sub & radiator frames
    Replace handbrake cable
    New air induction trumpet and hose
    Upgrade front discs
    Recondition callipers
    New second remote key
    Rebuild front & rear suspension
    Drop and rust treat fuel tank
    Magnetic sump plug (next oil change)
    Oil & Filter change
    Full Coolant flush
    Clean up/replace all corroded fasteners/fixings

Hopefully get internet back up soo so I can post some pics, trying to do everything off mobile at the mo :-(

I replaced my radiator support panel a while back (the one held on by four bolts underneath) it was only about £15 new from Fords :thumbs:

Nice one, telling me that after I spent an hour grinding it back and painting it last night :(

not come up great though to be fair so might indulge! :eek:k:

Just finishing off engine bay respray, still cant get any pictures up, I might try and get some off my phone. Got loads of bits and pieces on order from ford, mostly fixings and fasteners, to go with the nice fresh paint in the engine bay.

Im not using the car as a daily anymore, its far too clean, spent too long hoovering my arch liners :lol: so we are using the black Puma for commuting now.

Getting the internet back on next month so should be able to post some pics of what's going on.

Fitting new genuine intake manifold gasket tonight (old one was cracked), then getting the pipercross viper next week. Decided to fit a catch tank for the gearbox breather, to keep things tidy under the hood.

Cant decide at the moment whether or not to respray the underside of the bonnet or buy a new carpet shield from fords?

Also going to be replacing the struts soon, was looking at Spax, but have noticed Apex springs and shocks for sale also. Does anybody know if the Apex suspension is any good?

Put the front bumper back on loose last night, only to realise that all the junk sitting on top whilst stored has taken its toll. The bumper is now covered in scratches and in dire need of a respray :-( that'll teach me to store things properly!

To get the engine running again I need to replace:

Gearbox oil
Steering fluid
Coolant & thermostat
Air filter

The suspension I will sort early next year, for this I still need:

Shocks
Lower wishbones

I hope to have it on the road again for next summer :grin:

I fitted a breather for the crank case which tucks neatly under the engine cover. I'm not sure whether or not to bother with the catch tank now. I will just wait and see if it dirties the bay up.

Plenum gasket is now fitted and oil breather fitted. I have dropped the sub frame to allow access for cleaning up and replacing ARB bushes.

I have also started removing some of the exterior trim and weather strips in preparation for vinyl wrapping.

This weekend will be changing the thermostat, finishing a few little details in the engine bay and finish off rust treating both front arches.

Then the following week I will replace the gearbox oil, power steering fluid, coolant and fit a new Aux belt, in prep for firing her up!

Long time without an update, so got a bit of catching up to do, so here goes.....

First up I removed the front wings to treat for rust:

019 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

This was the repair that had been done on the front wing, already rusting. I cleaned this back rust treated and sealed

222 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Running around with this rather fetching wing on that I had spare until I had finished my wings

221 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Then I de-restricted the stock air box by removing this gubbins from the top of the airbox...

045 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Rerouted the air feed from the wing to behind the lower grill....

044 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

137 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Next got some new fixings and bleed screws for the brake callipers...

212 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

218 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

215 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Next up I sourced some genuine 1/4 light badges...

217 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

And fitted brand new Ford badges...

038 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Then placed the car between two dustbins (sorry cars) for a couple of pics:

153 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

155 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

And finally with her new accomplice (our new Puma).....

039 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Next up I decided to strip down, clean up and repaint the engine bay and front end. Replacing any old or broken stuff on the way.

Stripping front arch out....

1 by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Stripping stuff from engine bay...

2 (2) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

State of engine bay before repainting.....

2 (4) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

2 (5) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Alternator out....

2 (6) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

another before clean up shot...

2 (7) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Before spraying water about in engine bay I taped up any vulnerable areas...

3 (3) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

After degreasing and fine cleaning...

4 (2) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

4 (3) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

4 (6) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Then I replaced the aux belt idler, and got some of these things...

4 (1) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Some more before shots, showing corrosion on power steering pipes:

5 (1) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

5 (3) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Same time I decided to start stripping out the suspension...

5 (6) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Had to drill the struts out as some ham fisted sod had done em up uber tight. But no biggie, as I had planned to replace struts all round with new items....

9 (7) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

9 (6) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

9 (5) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Next back to the engine bay, engine mount out:

6 (1) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

6 (2) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Removed surface rust and treated....

6 (3) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Then I started sanding down and spraying the engine bay (working around engine)

7 (1) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

8 (1) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Et voilà....

8 (2) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

8 (3) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

9 (1) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Next I started building her back up....

9 (3) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

Finally for this update, I cleaned up and resprayed the bonnet latch...

9 (4) by Slayllian2, on Flickr

I was starting to wonder if you had forgotten about us.... :cry: not seen you on for a while!

Good progress and nice and clean! :cool:

Was the inlet manifold easy to get off. I want to paint mine, but don't know if it's worth it if it's a pain to remove... :eek:k:

Back