Project Pips the Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martinthrapston said:
glad your keeping pips tina,:) he will look fine when you got him sorted out....

Thanks guys! Yep :grin: he is a smashing car, no real issues though I knew all along he would be staying with me - it's always a concern when the mileage creeps past 100k.
Only the steering problem & sticky brakes from long periods sat, Pips is hell bent on having a wonkey steering wheel no matter how many times I track, balance and check everything :roll:
Ill update the thread when I strip him down, be interesting to see how well this seal works to protect against moisture, im getting the arches coated inside with it - so my new arch job will last as long as the engine will.

:grin:

Since the last few months ive been badly - Pips hasn't really moved much.
:(
Monday he is going the garage for a 'check up'

I hope to have good news as this little car suprises everybody with fuel economy, guts for speed and silent drive. Rust may be the issue as with all older cars, and this check up is a indicator for any niggly jobs that might need addressing before MOT time - due December but will be off road til Jan 2011. Ive got time to work on t'awd fella.
Obviously all his lights work, wiper blades, new tyres (ive another set JIC) other perishables are already done! Oil/water all fine. Suspension was July 09. Cambelt Aug 09. Brakes all ok.

Time for me to take care of Pips, cos he has looked after me! Goal is for a mechanically sound car, then ill rust proof and finally do them damn arches. Ill update thread Monday after garage x

Where are you getting it all steam cleaned Tina?
I've been looking for somewhere local to me but can't seem to find anywhere/anyone.

Marcus000 said:
Where are you getting it all steam cleaned Tina?
I've been looking for somewhere local to me but can't seem to find anywhere/anyone.

My fella's mate is doing it for me - then using some posh anti rust gloop off oil rigs. He is a prof. Welder and works on oil rigs and makes parts etc...

PIPS HAS A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH!!! :)

Garage check went perfectly fine. After months of very little use, the only bit he needed was the washers unblocking!
Handbrake was stuck on, but they slackened it off abit now its fine.

The engineer machanic mot bloke said he thought Pips a very good example, no huge rusty bits or issues. "Just get the arches done, love" he says, and the gloop underneath eh.. it'll go for a few years yet" Hurray! 107k miles - he is going nowhere, he is mine - gotta love Pips!
My little soldier! Vrooooommmmm!

martinthrapston said:
yay !!! rust free pips :-D

He will look like new! :) The guy has promised to do a cracking job, and even go round the car and removed any little scratches, plus a tiny rusty bibble in the passenger door sil.
Oddly the arches are only surface rust, not gone through and are solid, but nonetheless its rust so will be done right.

After the job the wheel arches will be sealed, the the whole of the car will be done with my mates magic rust guard reclaimed vinyl stuff (oil rig standard).

Much thought has gone into this, Is the engine good? Is the chassis solid? Is the car worth having the extra spent on it? Over 100k and 10yrs old. Everything ive mulled over to avoid forking out until I know its worth it in the long run. Eventually realised I wont get another like it for the money, I know its history and I love to drive it - simples.

My fellas cousin will valet the hell out of it, then yay, lovely Pips! :p

Dear Members,

I have some very sad news :(

Pips the Puma has gone to a new home today. I am very upset and it was very hard to part with him. I feel I have left a trail of tears such was my fondness for the old lad. My health being the main reason for change (getting in/out is a struggle when im aching and the firm suspension).
Taking his place is a nimble and tidy Ford Focus 3dr (in silver ofcourse) which after much thought will be a assett as we often used Pips for logs, chicken food and taking the dog for walks - sparing 'Juniors' leather seats!
To this end, I will continue to support Demelza and post often. I wish all Puma owners many a happy mile going forward.
:(
With love and with sadness,

Tina - aka Nippydee.

:shock:

On Tina :(

Bee and I send our best gards and hope we get to see you again at the m56 meets

Thread locked on original posters request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back