PROJECT RESURRECTION

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHARLIE'S GRAND DAD

HI EVERYONE OUT THERE IN PUMA VILLE. I HOPE ALL YOUR PUSSY'S ARE PURRING!!!!!!!!!!

The story of this project is as follows. Back in January, in all the snow, I spotted a blue puma left open in a car park under some flats. The window was open and this sorry little kat was full of rubbish, but somthing about this puddy caught my imagination. The tax had run out last summer so i knew it had been sat there since. Detective Trev looked through all the rubbish and found an envelope with the owners address. When I called on him he told me it had a major oil leak and that he was using 2 litres of oil per day and one day he forgot and it blew up!!!!!
That was all he knew. I offered him a nifty and got it for £80. Had I wasted my money????????????
phone009.jpg

phone011.jpg

phone013.jpg

phone016.jpg

phone014.jpg

phone015.jpg

If you need any help with the pics then just let me or another moderator know and we'll be happy to help.

Sounds very interesting and I hope when we have pics we get more of the story :D

Always good to see another puma restored to glory, rather than broken up and sold for bits. :eek:k:

A long time has passed since I was last able to update you guys, but i'm now able to bring you the next part of this project. I Have diagnosed that the reason the engine wouldn't start as there was no compression due to to the piston rings being very worn ( if you haven't checked you oil levels recently this could be you). I located a low milage replacement engine which had only done 50,000miles I was able to hear the engine before i purchased it and got a reduction in the price by taking it out of the car myself, which also has the advantage of me being able to collect all the nuts, bolts and fixings so when I replaced the engine I had 2 lots of fixings. This all happened in april and the next week I removed the old engine and replaced it with the new one. The only alterations that had to be made was that the new engine was not from a car with air con, so I had to swap over all the pullies and an engine mount but apart from that every thing went smoothly.
FORDPUMA003.jpg

FORDPUMA006.jpg

FORDPUMA007.jpg

FORDPUMA002.jpg

FORDPUMA001.jpg

Hi Guys & Gals
Yes PumaJay well spotted 1.4 it is.
Hi Red no i did the engine work in april just got way behind on getting details on to site lol

next episode later this evening

cheers
Trev (CHARLIE'S GRAND DAD)

HI EVERYONE
THE PUMA WAS NOT BAD BODY WISE APART FROM A DENT IN THE FRONT OF THE WING, A BROKEN HEADLAMP, A BROKEN REAR LIGHT AND A SCRAPE ON THE FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS.

DENT BROKEN HEAD LIGHT AND SCRAPE UNDER DENT ON BUMPER
phone013.jpg

THE CHOICE WAS TO REPLACE OR FILL?

I FOUND THAT MY FRIENDLY LOCAL BREAKERS HAD A PUMA WHICH HAD A GOOD WING HEAD LAMP AND TAIL LIGHT HOW LUCKY AM I.

THE WING WAS IN METALIC GREEN AND NEEDED TO BE RESPRAYED
AFTER A LOAD OF SILLY QUOTES I DECIDED TO PREP THE WING MYSELF SO OUT WITH THE WET AND DRY AND THE PRIMER AND IT WENT VERY WELL.
AFTER SEEING THE WING THE SPRAYERS WERE A LOT CHEEPER.

BROKEN REAR LIGHT
phone015.jpg

THE LAMPS WERE SO EASY TO REPLACE I WONT BORE YOU DESCRIBING THE PROCESS.
THE SCRAPES HAD ONLY PUT LIGHT SCRATCHES IN THE PAINT WHAT LOOKED LIKE SCRAPES TURNED OUT TO BE PAINT FROM THE OTHER CAR OR WHAT EVER HAD BEEN HIT, SO WITH ELBOW GREASE AND CUTTING COMPOUND MOST OF IT CAME OUT.

THE WORST BIT OF THE BODY WAS ALL THE ROAD TAR SPOTS THIS TOOK HOURS WITH A CLOTH AND PETROL TO SOFTEN AND WIPE OFF BUT THIS PROCESS ALSO REMOVES ANY WAX POLISH THAT HES BEEN APPLIED OVER THE LIFE OF THE CAR, SO YOU HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE CAR. THEN POLISH AFTER.

CLEANING THE INTERIOR IS ALSO VERY TIME CONSUMING THIS TOOK ABOUT 8 HOURS, BUT TOP TIP IS REMOVE THE SEATS IT GIVES LOADS MORE ROOM TO WORK.

THE PUMA IS GOING IN FOR ITS MOT ON THURSDAY SO WISH HER LUCK

MORE PHOTOS SOON
ALSO NEW EXHAUST AND LAIRY GRAPHICS SO SEE YOU HERE SOON.
puma.jpg

HI EVERYONE SORRY IT'D BEEN SO LONG SINCE I LAST FILLED YOU IN ON PROJECT RESURRECTION.
LOTS MORE PICS FOR YOU ALL
THE PUDDY CAT HAS PASSED ITS MOT AND HAS HAD HER MAKE UP DONE AND IS READY FOR HER UNVEILING HOPE YOU LIKE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALSO SHE IS NOW UP FOR SALE SO IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED JUST FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME A CALL ON 0774 0305 888 OFFERS AROUND £1500.00 OVNO
PUMABOYZ01002.jpg
PUMABOYZ01004.jpg
PUMABOYZ01003.jpg
PUMABOYZ01006.jpg
PUMABOYZ01007.jpg
PUMABOYZ01008.jpg
PUMABOYZ01011.jpg
PUMABOYZ01013.jpg
PUMABOYZ01015.jpg
PUMABOYZ01016.jpg
PUMABOYZ01017.jpg
PUMABOYZ01020.jpg
PUMABOYZ01012.jpg

Well, the graphics may not be to everybody's taste, but I simply have to applaud what you have done in saving that poor little Kat.

Brilliant!

At least its not the puma shoe company logo! Tickles me when you see it on them.

Why dony you keep it? How does it drive?

Great to see the car back in good health... enjoyed reading the rescue story ;)
Graphics are cool, would love to have that on my Black Puma but done in Silver :eek:k:

I see the cars on ebay, best of luck with the sale!

Apart from the Pink that looks fantastic!!!

All credit to you mate! :eek:k:

Well Done :D

Yes it looks good, but would be better without the pink on there :)

Not for me, think your narowing your chance of selling as that paint will narrow your chance of finding a buyer IMO

Thumbs up though for saving a puma from the scrap yard goods !!!!!!!!!!! :eek:k:

Back