Project Russv

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearly had an accident in it today actually :(

On a tiny dual carriageway between two roundabouts, some oap decided he wanted to be in my lane, so without looking or indicating he just swerved right in front of me nearly knocking into my bumper, then about another 20 ft up the road he decided he wanted to join the queue for the roundabout in the lane he just came from, so slammed on his brakes and very slowly moved into the queue (REALLY dangerous move), so I couldnt get past him for ages, and at the same time some nutcase was coming up behind me at 100 mph and had to slam on the brakes, screeching his tyres all the way up to about an inch away from my rear :/ I was literally surrounded by idiots :/

I think on-board cameras might be a future mod tbh. Not having people like that squirm their way out of something thats their fault.

be aware with 30mm spacers you may not get the abs sensors back in are they drums or discs on rear

Tbh I'm not to worried about it if its going to be too detrimental or difficult in any way, as far as I know its beneficial handling wise for FWD cars to have a narrower rear track anyway, but I was thinking that 15mm hubcentrics would be better and easier to fit if I did do it.

Fitted my new stereo and black dash, the speedo surround isn't black though its graphite, even though it said black in the auction, I think it looks better for that part though tbh. Couldn't get the best pic because its raining, will take some better ones soon. The steering wheel is yet to be replaced, will do that soon! (I already changed it to a black momo jet I had, so its still 'new' in a way hehe).

image.php

red said:
Dash looks good Russ!
Didn't think I would say this, but I agree with Red.

I've never been a fan of the flocked look, but with the colour of the surround etc. that really looks quite tasteful! :eek:k:

Some people over flock though imo. If you just do the dashboard and keep the plastic trims it usually looks pretty neat.

Thanks for the nice comments :) Xparty - its flocked http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flocking_(texture" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

russv said:

Don't know what the policy on bad language is on this forum, but ;

SH*T! That looks good !!!!! I would love my Puma interior to look like that. Love it all; the wheel, the dash work ........... the only thing I could never part with, was my gear knob :grin:

big thumbs up mate :thumbs:

Thought I would post some pics of what I've done so far. I haven't really done much, just very subtle things :D
Exterior:
- Changed side indicators for smoked
- Removed all decals except on the spoiler
- Fitted front and rear mudflaps
- Adjusted angle of spoiler
- Changed tyres from 215/40 Toyo Proxes to 215/45 Kumho Ecsta KU39
- Fitted Eibach 25mm system 4 spacers to rear wheels
- Removed roof aerial
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php