Project Silver Brum.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miller

I couldnt think of a cool enough name like some off yours.

Okay straight to the point i cannot help but make a project thread its early days of the car and there is no modifications to the car, but i have big hopes and big plans for my puma as it being my first car, it will be my baby puma and i want to start off a car history to a good start.

Ford Puma 1.4, 98 reg, the car is in fair good condition for its age, and needs some work doing which is al the more better.

As she sat all dirty before i purchased her as the last owner didnt take much care off her, but shes in good hands now.
26818_10150144154925623_513495622_11376502_4105155_n.jpg

After i had just washed her, it went dark but i still wanted to show off my car so i had to take a picture in the dark, rubbish quality, please forgive me.
25387_10150149868885623_513495622_11411962_2879728_n.jpg

And lastly a picture off her outside my work, i tried to get a birds eye kind of view picture but didnt work out really.
25387_10150149868925623_513495622_11411963_4389834_n.jpg

Plans i have for the car in order are:
- Rear axle bushes, havent decided if im going to go powerflex or genuine yet.
- Ford badges front and back, thinking of a lighter blue with white ford writing colour scheme.
- Wiper blades will be a fun picture session to show how to change them maybe an illurstration oj.
- Xenon head light bulbs and other small accesories.
- K&N air filter.
- Timing belt.
- Full exhaust system which so far is the hardest decision of which manufactor i am going to go for.
- All round suspencion kit, will probabily be Weitec.
- Alloy wheels, Rota or Team Dynamics.
- Rear arches around summer time.

And much more ill update on pictures every step off the way because we all love pictures and for now that is me kept busy for a good 4 -5 months with a typical apprentice wage, so hopfully iwill be able to join use at meets and of course enjoy the help and comments back from use.

Josh- theres a place in royton who do the wheels- not sure how much yet but the work looks ok

Don't mess with the front track, it will mess up the way the car drives. Stick to wheels with an offset as close as possible to ET34.

Also aside from the impact on handling, to fit longer studs, needed to accomodate front wheel spacers, and assuming you have ABS, you need to split the hubs, which means new wheel bearings. More complicated and expensive than you might expect, and the car will be rubbish to drive afterwards.

So are you telling me not to use wheel spacers, and just stick to some alloys that are ET34, or as close as possible, thank you for stopping me from making the wrong decision, id really like a set of team dynamic alloys in black or white, do you know any pecific alloy wheels that are ET34.
Thank you.

Back