puma and racing puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMO

does the ford puma racing have a wider wheel base than my normal 1 i now about all the engine parts i heard it somwere but dont think its true

what do you mean the track is wider wot is the track

The track of a vehicle is the distance between the wheels on each axle, so the distance between the centre of the drivers side front (o/s/f) and the centre of the passenger side front (n/s/f), give me a sec i'll draw some pics and post them to explain

how have they done that and is it possible to convert mine

do you now of anyone how has don this and do you have any idea how much wider it is

Have a search in the search section for FRP replicas, there are a few on here with them and I believe they have project threads on them as well so you should be able to find out the info you need, it's probably going to be expensive to do it tho

TBH for the price you can pick up a cheap FRP for, you are probably better doing that as the wings are well over £500 each and you need 4.

Simon

the wings are not that much you can get a full kit second hand for about that and when i come to car insurence its weth the savings

Hope you have deep pockets, like myself and Simon (blue3) we know how hard and expensive FRP parts are! Not only will you need drive shafts £260 you will need wish bones £200 you may need hubs that are machined to accept the FRP shocks,
Alcon brakes (that's if your building a full replica) are not cheap to keep in good working order as I have just had a service and new discs @ over £500!

Just buy a FRP!!!!

Anyway good luck if you decide to build.

AMO said:
when i come to car insurence its weth the savings

I doubt it, declaring all the mods required to make a normal Puma into an FRP replica to the insurers 99.9% of the time makes it more expensive to insure than the real thing.

AMO said:
the wings are not that much you can get a full kit second hand for about that

Would love to see where you have found these cheap full kits from... I have lots of these parts and buying them for a while, and i haven't found any cheap ones yet... but do share with us....

youd need;

longer lower arms, can be made for £60 each
frp hubs, £200 each second hand or machined for prob £50 each
shims or the fatter frp suspension
longer driveshafts, shaftec do them for £75 each
focus track rods and a jubilee clip to reduce the travel £50

rear spacers, about £30 i think

bodywork; your cheapest option would be pumaspeeds fibreglass kit; £1000 to buy, £1000 to fit, £1000 to spray
thats £150-250 per part, frp parts would be £250-500 each second hand or £6000 new

a lot of the replicas just use massive spacers and massive offset wheels; prob £1000 plus tyres. would put a lot of strain on the wheel bearings tho

yes its not a worthwhile project anymore, unless you can get the parts really cheap from a broken car or something...sell your car and use the money against a real FRP...easier cheaper in the long run and will be a better car.

the inlet for the frps cost anything from 400 to 600 quid if you can get one, the ecu another say 100 if you can get one, the gearbox say 200, the seats 500, the suspension and steering bits say 1500, with the brakes the body bits 1000, your into 4000 pounds and then it all needs spraying say 1500 quid...5,500 will buy you a good FRP......

people do what they want anyway dont they...this is a forum not a legal arrangement....we all just give our views...some more aggressively than others but its just our thoughts and opinions, one can listen or not...free speech is never greater than free will...

Back