Puma logo floormats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pug

FlashBastd said:
Puma logo floormats are available from Ford, along with various resellers on eBay, etc. expect to pay around £50.

The steering column isn't splined, IIRC it is a hex shape.
Thanks for the info.

Just realised that's dirt on the mats... thought it was a different colour.
Most of the ebay ones I saw won't admit to doing mfr logos.

Looks like I'll be getting a bit more grubby to do the steering wheel then, as it's certainly not 60° out.

Indeed, you can see from the picture on point 7 (if you click it it enlarges) that the shape is hex or similar.

I did nearly 50k miles on those mats in 2 years; they are great quality for £50 imo! I've the Racing version in my FRP now.

My drivers side mat looks like it has started to wear quite a bit at the point where my heel touches it when braking. I guess I don't pivot my foot but lift and push on the brake and wear the mat each time. Only done 16k on them so they aren't that hard wearing imo.
Might be ok if I give them a clean and buff up but as it's me I couldn't give a rats arse and will just live with it...lol

Actually, I've just realised they have only worn since I put the clips in to stop them moving. Think I'll unclip them so they can move about which will spread the wear evenly and might stop it completely as it did before.

put me totally off getting some i might just get the normal ones with the ford badge for half the price these have that little bit extra padded bit were your heel goes......dont forget the custom ones are velour so wont be that hard wearing

ps ....you are supposed to pivot your foot to have total control over the pedal

these are the original puma mats

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Genuine-Ford-Puma-Carpet-Mats-/250313409756?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a47d784dc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

these are the custom ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Genuine-Ford-Puma-Premium-Velour-Carpet-Mats-/250618706911?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5a09fbdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to have dragged this thread off-topic.
If I'd known there was more to these mats, I'd have created a new topic. :oops:

I've also been discussing these by PM with FlashBstrd, who told me that there is a difference between early and late model Pumas, wrt whether or not certain mats are compatible (ie. the Puma logo ones don't actually fit a post-'99 car).

Think I'll start a dedicated thread on this later, when I have more time to compose it properly, as there doesn't seem to be much comprehensive info on the subject out there that I can find easily.

I'll split the topic in a mo ;)

Dal said:
I'll split the topic in a mo ;)
Cool, cheers.
I was going to centre the new thread as much about the facelift/shell, as the mats, as I figure there's more to that I didn't know, compared to just the mats alone.

The front ones fit, but the rear are different (cos of the different runners on the later cars). Seeing as I don't sit in the back, it doesn't worry me at all.
My Ford "Luxury Velour" Puma logo mats have been in for three years and are still OK

It isn't actually the runners, but the different floorpan shape. Later cars have symmetrical mats, early cars don't.

FlashBastd said:
It isn't actually the runners, but the different floorpan shape. Later cars have symmetrical mats, early cars don't.
This is what I was hoping to get more info about.
What actually changed? I can't find it documented anywhere (unlike my post-facelift 190E).

It was around the same time that the Fiesta changed from Mk4 to Mk5, really just the shape of the rear floorpan IIRC.

yippeekiay said:
All mine fit ok
Your one's an '02, is it (from what I can work out from your gallery)?

Anyone got photos of both pre & post-'99 footwells/mats, so we can compare visually? (just pre-'99 rear would do, if not)

RearMats.jpg

99on rear floor mats

I will just get a pic of the 97-98 mats

So just as a clarification, the Velour Puma mats sold on ebay etc.. the front ones will fit, but the back may not? I'm looking to get these in a couple of weeks.

FlashBastd said:
[image]
99on rear floor mats

I will just get a pic of the 97-98 mats
Thanks. :) What type are those?
The top ones look pretty hard-wearing.

The mats in my first pic are the wrong way around, i.e. left - right.

These are all genuine Ford mats. Top ones are rubber mats, second are carpet mats, bottom ones are premium velour carpet mats. All three styles were available in both 97-98 and 99on shapes.

Back