PumaNoob's been under my bonnet!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigAl

A BIG thank you to Erroll for fitting my 'lumpy' Newman cams today! It feels fab & i'm really looking forward to trying them out on track in conjunction with the other mods & the new 7200rpm limiter! :grin:

Stripping down!
9dcecbde1da3e49c1bce245d233d7535.jpg

The master at work!
a2e65f80e4522bc668aeac0743ff27c1.jpg

You'd never know anyone had been there! :lol:
aef5ef2727f561db8a33104fe8d5f429.jpg

Glad to be of service mate, cant wait to see how she goes on track! It was quick before without the mods so hopefully now it will be even better!

Nice Al! :grin:
Which cams are they and what sort of difference have you noticed?

Scott134 said:
Nice Al! :grin:
Which cams are they and what sort of difference have you noticed?

Cheers mate! :grin:

They're Newman fast road cams. They feel brilliant, bit of a flat spot low down (hopefully gonna sort that with a new map!) but once above about 3.5-4k rpm they really come into their stride! :lol:

Sorry to hijack, but Greyfox just make sure you keep an eye on pressures. I found the pressure increased massively in my cut slicks thought the day as they got hotter. I seemed to be letting air out everytime I stopped! Worth checking though throughout the day.

Scott134 said:
Sorry to hijack, but Greyfox just make sure you keep an eye on pressures. I found the pressure increased massively in my cut slicks thought the day as they got hotter. I seemed to be letting air out everytime I stopped! Worth checking though throughout the day.

Ok matey. cheers.

I think it is Phase 4 cam. The cams are divided in phases according to their let's say sharpness. Higher the number, greater the power increase but also narrower the power band of the engine….

Haha yer, I don't have that much money haha, I can about afford the ph2 Newman cams and someone to fit them ha

Perhaps someone here with more experience should kick in now: how much are FRP cmas worth alone? 5-10 BHP? I guess that should be about right… Not sure on the Newman cams and the claimed improvement. In any case, it would have to be limited unless you do the remap to bring everything out of them.
And, on ZSOC a guy is selling FRP cams for 200 GBP. How much are the Newman cams?

£200 for the frp cams? I need to get on zsoc, how do u tell if there real frp cams tho? Anything to look out for?

Latest posts

Back