Puma's replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mort666

Although I haven't been on here much in the last year or so I thought I would pop up a post to say that the puma is officially going here.

Picking up it's replacement tomorrow morning, although I'll still keep popping my head in here and might still come along to the odd meet or two through the year. I rarely turned up in the puma anyway as a lot of you will know by now, so I guess it won't be that different anyway lol :)

As for what it is, I'll leave you guessing for now (although at least 1 member definitely knows at the moment lol).
I will say it is a 3 door hatchback, european make, dark grey and I';m afraid to say runs on the devil's fuel so I have properly gone over to the dark side ;)

Sounds just like a Golf.

(How I loathe that ad. Who fucking cares what the door sounds like?)

the golf is technically closer than the fiesta. I was actually considering the good old Zetec S fiesta TDCi as an option, but went the other way in the end lol :)

lol, well done Martin. wasn't many options to guess from though was there?

56 plate Ibiza FR tdi. 45K on the clock, good service history, Dark grey

Apologies for the non too great picture, but it's just from the dealer ad. hope to get something better if the weather is good over the weekend.

FR-01.jpg

P.S. Zara, do you mean me or the car? ;) haha

it's nippy enough. On paper it's around 9 seconds to 60, but the in-gear punch is pleasing :) around 130bhp and 230lb/ft as standard. a few tweaks can give a fair bit more though. a simple £2-300 remap should give around 160bhp and up to 300 lb/ft(ish)

The only problem is controlling the torque. Has to be intentionally limited apparently if you still have the original clutch as they are only rated to 300lb ft. With a cupra (PD160) intake (around £90) and a remap i've seen claims of up to 320lb/ft

Very nice mate :eek:k:

Appreciate the nice lump of torque you get.

PS: If you want a cheap remap (of sorts) then Rob and I both had a box from these guys. Plug and play simplicity:

http://tuning-diesels.com/Vag/spd.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers for the info Dal :eek:k: ,
I'm in two minds which way to go atm. A couple of recommended places to a custom remap for only £50-70 more than the tuning box (approx). I'm sure either one will put an even bigger grin on my face lol

Just have to weigh things up and see which appeals to you the most.

I liked the "box" approach as I could put it back to standard in 2 minutes if necessary. :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back