Puma's replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I like most is the ability to flick a switch and turn it off for a while.

Then switching it back on again you can once more feel the boost it gives you.

And as noted, not a bad thing if you need to take it off before the loss adjuster gets there (Though I have declared mine to the insurance co - it didn't cost that much)

i guess either can theoretically give better mpg too when driven steadily so no need to turn it off ;)

either would most likely be declared too, although you could argue that either would be hard for an insurer to spot ;) (not that i'm suggesting trying to fool an insurer of course)

It might not be an insurer you have to fool but an MOT tester if you believe the severity of the new rules to come...

do they go as far as banning any changes to the ECU? I know they are more strict this year with regards to some mods such as cats (shame really)

Don't think they're quite that anal, but if your remap / box of choice causes emission problems, it might be useful to return it to standard if only whilst the MOT needs doing.

Had the first long run in the new motor this weekend and pretty happy with the economy so far :)

first 200 miles were around 70-80 on the motorway, averaged bang on 60mpg according to the trip computer. Wasn't in a rush to get home so sat at 65-70 on the return 90 miles home and averaged 66 mpg :cool:

a couple of pics for those who haven't seen them on FB :)

i-6nDMFHD-L.jpg

i-MQgxG3G-L.jpg

i-Z64fjxp-L.jpg

i-XBRqfWk-L.jpg

She scrubs up well! So shiny i need my sunglasses.. :cool:

Very nice mpg, saves you money so you can get that remap done! :D

lol, cheers. I spent a couple of hours on it that morning giving it a good clean/clay/polish/wax etc, all just by hand though

I like your thinking about the remap, although some may argue that looking at the first picture it could do with a nice set of coilovers too lol

Does anybody think that we are all just mugs and when the day comes that you get a car that averages 60-70mpg the fuels goes up by that equalivent that of the average we are spending just now. So to think that in a couple of years we will be paying the same amount for fuel per miles anyway! Just a vicious circle because if we are all saving money and the government is getting less let face it that will not last long. If they can't live on the money that they are thieving,corrupting and in major deficit for just now then how could they possibly ever have less tax income that what they take just now!

Take the road tax for instance. Imagine we all bought 1.4 td fiesta's and paid £35 road tax a year, they would be fuc7ed! People in petrol cars just now a subbing the diesel's tax the now!

Rant over lol

Sorry for wrecking your post Mort666 and hope you enjoy your new car.

Cheers

Ally

haha no problem Ally, rant away.

I've always said that about these wonderful electric cars which only cost 2p to recharge overnight from a 3 pin plug etc. if everyone bought them just imagine how much electricity would go up to compensate for the lack of fuel revenue.

and may I say a big thank you to all the lovely puma drivers for subbing my diesel costs ;) lol

then again I have traditionally done more miles each year on the bike than in any car so I'm still paying plenty for petrol :)

Back