Racing cams

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wainie

Hey people

My Cambelt is over due and i plan to get it done very soon before the worst happens.

just wondering since i'm gonna be spending a few hundred quid on doing it, how much/how big of a job is it to put Racing cams on?

Dont get me wrong the 1.7 is fast enough but if i can make it faster then i will :)

Thanks for the info

Is there a list of garages on here who can/will do the job?

I'm based 15 miles north of Manchester...........but will travel to the right mechanic

hi mate i can do full cam belt deal and supply and fit a set of 10,000 FRP cams for £480 you did say you would travel! :p

Flying Scotsman said:
PumaBuild in Birmingham... about £350 for cam change and cam belt, providing you have the cams

That seems quite reasonable? I know i'm asking alot of questions but where would i get 'racing cams' and how much extra performance would i get? :thumbs:

wainie said:
Flying Scotsman said:
PumaBuild in Birmingham... about £350 for cam change and cam belt, providing you have the cams

That seems quite reasonable? I know i'm asking alot of questions but where would i get 'racing cams' and how much extra performance would i get? :thumbs:

If you don't have racing cams then Take STEAVIE's offer, you won't get a better one anywhere!!

As performance goes, Cams were the first thing I changed and you notice the car become more lively, but only about 6hp If you have the rest of the items, they all work as a package and so you will get better gains with the mapping, airfolw, and a exhaust changed.
Worth the money though.

I wouldn't go to Pumabuild if they paid me to do work on my car.. :lol:

Dal said:

They might charge more than normal but that's because they can... just like Chris Birkbeck... because he can... People still go there.
They do do good work despite peoples views on pricing.

STEAVIE said:
hi mate i can do full cam belt deal and supply and fit a set of 10,000 FRP cams for £480 you did say you would travel! :p

Hi Steavie

I will be getting it done in the last week of feb?

Can u message me ur details please?

address n postcode of your garage and phone number so i can arrange to come down n get it sorted

Flying Scotsman said:
Dal said:

They might charge more than normal but that's because they can... just like Chris Birkbeck... because he can... People still go there.
They do do good work despite peoples views on pricing.

My opinion has nothing to do with the amount they charge. Like I said, if they paid me to have work done on my car, I still wouldn't go :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back