Radio dont work in hot weather HELP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt69420567TT

Hi guys. Somebody had the same issue as me? If its fairly warm evening my radio works perfectly. When I hit the volume too loud it shuts off the speakers. The radio itself works and plays but no sound from speakers. Same when the car sits in sun or when its hot outside. Radio is new aftermarket one. But I had same issues with older Sony radio. Any help?? :roll:

Do you have an amp? Or other device between the radio and the speakers?
This doesn't sound like a speaker issue. or even a wiring issue although I guess its possible it could be wiring. Sounds like an electronic device that's overloading and shutting down.

I seem to have some kind of plastic box which wires go to and then for the speakers. Could IT be the issue? Should I remove it and wire speakers together?

That black box sounds like some sort of power amplifier,which is more than likely malfunctioning.
Best to have a look at wiring the speakers directly to your stereo unit.

Is there any writing on the black box to determine exactly what it is ?
Sounds like that as you have had this problem with another Stereo that you have a wiring issue. If one of the 4 paired speaker outputs is shorting with another or going to earth( Leads touching behind door panel's) that could cause it too.

Have you tried adjusting the front to rear fader so that you can see if it is the front or rear speakers that are causing it?

I wired the cables straigh from radio to speakers and same result now it dont work at all.. When I sit in parking lot the radio plays forever byť soon as I start the car IT plays for like minute then the sound stops comming from speakers even tho radio is playing (equalizer shows that IT plays music) so I dont know whats the case

Update! Other radio dont work as well. Again the radio shines and should play but no sound from speakers after 1 minute after startup. I checked All the connections , and All the wires looks fine I mean IT shouldnt even play when the wires were bad right? And still when parked plays normally for hours. I am getting frustrated :x

There appears to be something shorting on the speaker output circuit . You need to investigate the plug that goes to the speaker wires all the way up to the 4 speakers. Use an ohm meter , disconnect all 4 speakers and then ensure that plus and minus of each of the speaker wires isn't shorting with each other.
Determined using the continuity beeping setting on the digital multimeter. This is a good place to start as previously advised.

DOH said:
If one of the 4 paired speaker outputs is shorting with another or going to earth( Leads touching behind door panel's) that could cause it too.

Matt69420567TT said:
and All the wires looks fine I mean IT shouldnt even play when the wires were bad right?
Having eliminated the radio as the cause of the problem then the symptoms suggest a dry solder joint on the speaker side. Just put an iron to all joints.

Any meter testing should only be done in the hot conditions needed for the problem to show itself.

And joints arent solder rather clipped with original clips (brand new ones) but gonna check the speaker joints .

Matt69420567TT said:
Okay so the plus and minus of the speakers shouldnt touch eachother? Gonna run the multimeter .

No they should not touch each other,( I have already advised you of that fact) as that will cause the output stage to trip /cut out.

Fingers crossed if you follow my accurate advise you will get to the bottom of the problem very shortly. :)

I am confused over a fact that if the cables would be shorted the radio woulndt play anything but today , it played normally for 5 minutes striaght then I arrived to destination but still..

Back