*RANT* Have faith in your gut feeling...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus000

... because we uncovered a dodgy eBay seller with multiple accounts (as confirmed by the eBay fraud department via phone only moments ago), and as a result will be having his accounts closed shortly.

In short, went to view a Puma today with Scotty, 2 hours each way.
Got there, car body work looked brill.
Got in, went to start it... wouldn't start...no so brill!

"Oh, does that all the time, just touch the accelerator before to prime it with fuel"
1x Phone call to Chris later, we decide it may just be the fuel filter and should be an easy fix.

Go to drive the car away so put it in reverse & turn car around, go to slip it in 1st and it won't budge... *insert alarm bells*

Seller claims garage must not have changed/fix clutch correctly however his wife who has been driving the car around town hasn't noticed this issue... lol...right

Seller offered to drive the car back down to me midweek after having said issues fixed by a garage... awww how nice of him!

Guy sounded fairly legit and made out he was a bit clueless about cars etc and was as though the garage had rinsed him.

Anyway, took my money back and headed home with Scott dissappointed and unsure how to proceed as I had a feeling something wasn't adding up with all the info.

Got back and dug further into his eBay past... :evil:

Item I went to view / purchase:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170533931238&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the sellers feedback.
Look at the people who left the feedback - all low numbers themselves.

Go further into it.

Look at who left feedback for who and what items they were purchasing.
Low value and off similar named sellers.

Lets look what he's purchased himself recently... oh wonder what this is for?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390230272978" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Something doesn't look right?

Phone call to eBay fraud deparment and they confirmed accounts were linked and will be investigated immediately.

Now to write an e-mail to the seller demanding PayPal deposit back (I can always claim that via Resolution Center) and my fuel money for wasting a 200mile trip.

PS: That isn't me who has left him feedback for the Puma, I'm guessing thats his neighbour who won the auction. I contacted him before auction ended to buy outside of eBay.

as said mate, a real shame- at least the weather was good in part's. Glad we were able to get away from it.

yea sounds way too didgy to me dude. i noticed he has purchased a slave cylinder for the puma too only today so im guessing he is preparing to sell it to the next mug that will have it

LET ME KNOW HOW THE OTHER OPTION GOES :)

1st rule of buying a Puma, if it doesn't feel right, then walk away, and wait for a better one.

It is more costly to buy a dog of a car, than cathing the bus for a while.

If there is a bank account still linked the deposit can be clawed back by Palpal I think, if you paid via Paypal.

So sorry this has happened, regret that there are a awful lot of fraudsters about. I dealt with many while working in finance.
:(
However, you are covered by the Distant Selling Act and other bodies of Consumer Finance.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/businesscentre/law-policies/returns.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make a note of all (print)email correspondance, date and approx. times of mobile and landline telephone calls made between you and the fraudster. Then if a large deposit was taken, report the fraud action to the police.

Goodluck!

I wouldn't suspect someone was being dodgy by buying a manual, plenty of people don't have them. But christ almighty, it doesn't start and then it doesn't go into gear?? Does the guy really expect to sell the car with them problems...what a knob of the highest form!!!.

Good bit of intuition there I guess by checking his feedback history etc. I noticed a lot of 'fab' this and 'mint' that in a couple of the feedbacks even though they were from different buyers...confirms what an complete idiot this guy is to not even put different types of feedback from his other accounts.

Doesn't give my area a good name having dicks like this as I might have seen that Puma around as it's in the same town as I live...lol.

Where about exactly was it as I could've told you if it was a decent area or not and saved you a journey, hell I might even know of the knob...lol.

@ Tina
The only money I'm down on at the moment is the £50 PayPal deposit but I don't think I'll have any problems claiming that one back.
I've already e-mailed him asking to return the payment, if I get no response by tonight I'll go through the Resolution Center. :twisted:

@ Yip
I realise some people loose the old manuals etc but it just sets my alarm bells off that it comes with the other cars service history as well, it even says in the listing that it's illegal to use with another car yet they are still going to send the documents with it, why don't they just destory them, unless the whole point is to use fraudulently.

Good shout on the similar wording, my mam noticed that as well! :lol:
As for location, I beleive it was Fairfield - *******

The more I think about the whole thing, the more pissed it gets me. :evil:

I was literally sat in the car for 20 seconds before the gearstick got stuck and wouldn't move, did he really expect me not to find this fault?
Not only that but the clutch pedal didn't "spring" back, it kinda floated its way back up but his wife failed to notice this when driving! HOW??????

He hasn't refunded me the money like I requested so have started the claim procedure via PayPal.

In other news, think I'm buying the red FRP replica instead, every cloud and all that business! ;)

Is that from when the deposit was paid?

Marcus has the chap been in touch again beside that texts on saturday?

What an arse! i can't stand deceptive people, well you know what they say... what goes around comes around, although half the time these people still just come up smelling of roses unfortunately!! but hopefully with any luck he'll get his comeuppance, good on ya for looking further into it and hopefully preventing anymore unsuspecting buyers from getting stung by this joker :thumbs:

Sugar- I went with him to this car, and the guy was very very very convincing. Had alot of paper work, seemed to have answers for the question that made sense.

I have to agree with Marcus on this one massively, the more I have thought about this the more crooked it was.

Fingers crossed for ya buddy and let me know if you need any help

PayPal have ruled in his favour... HOW??????
I can't even reply back to PayPal telling them his reply is totally fabricated because the dispute has been closed!?

Seriously, what the fudge do I do now?

Marcus - Call the police, report him as a conman- oh and there is a black puma in the For Sale section i think suits you

Yip- wish i had thought of that. Dam it.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 14 September 2010 17:15
To: ###
Subject: Notification of Case Resolution - Case no.PP-001-068-938-335

Dear ####,

We have concluded our investigation into your case. Unfortunately, at this
time we are unable to decide this claim in your favour.

-----------------------------------
Case Details

Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Alexander Anderson
Seller's Email: [email protected] Seller's Transaction ID:
4XJ92910M1109803T

Transaction Date: 8 Sep 2010
Transaction Amount: -50.00 GBP
Your Transaction ID: 12T55481RH1495808
Case Number: PP-001-068-938-335

Buyer's Transaction ID: 12T55481RH1495808

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Thanks for the info paypal, you explained it really well!

Latest posts

Back