Real carbon fibre splitter

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOK

bought from a group buy from the other Puma site.

Carbon fibre laid over chopped strand fibreglass- weight saving about 100g LOL...mine needed replacing anyway due to scrapes and it should match the full carbon fibre bonnet (which saves about 20KG) due in a week or so. Looks really good, especially for the price paid :cool:

[albumimg]1732[/albumimg]

Ford Racing fakeness on the right!
[albumimg]1733[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1734[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1735[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1736[/albumimg]

Looks very nice mate :eek:k:

PS: Cherie wants dibs on your bonnet if you want rid of it..lol

Dal said:
PS: Cherie wants dibs on your bonnet if you want rid of it..lol

But it doesn't fit properly :p

Actually it fits a lot better now as we made some mods to the car to help it!

I'll probably keep the bonnet as the carbon one will likely be sold sperately when the Puma goes...

BOK said:
But it doesn't fit properly :p

We both know the bonnet is fine.... :p

Didn't think you'd want rid of it though, but Cherie made me ask...

Of course she did Dal... :?

But secretly you just want a yellow bonnet on your old banger :p

isnt the full carbon bonnet 4.8kg vs the old steel ones 14kg? saving 10kgs? thats what mike@performance trim quoted....

will be stripping the plywood from the back of my s1600 carbon spoiler soonish, im trying to get hold of some aluminium honeycomb.....

jacko said:
isnt the full carbon bonnet 4.8kg vs the old steel ones 14kg? saving 10kgs? thats what mike@performance trim quoted....

The website says "they weigh a third the weight of the original steel item"..so yeah it's around 9kgs lighter.

heres the job

What no spiltter
P1060023.jpg

Old & new
P1060024.jpg

Loosely fitted
P1060028.jpg

Nut Head & washer from below
P1060029.jpg

Tightened up
P1060030.jpg

Finished, matches the number plate :)
P1060031.jpg

Nuts & bolts (zinc coated) 3 of the old ones snapped when undoing them ! :shock:

M6x40mm bolt
M6x32mm repair washer (underneath & some top)
M6x13mm flat washer (center 3 & end top)
M6x8mm flat washer, under each nut
M6 nylock nut
P1060033.jpg

sorry about the close up pictures, the sun was behind the car, and as on stands, couldn;t get a wider shot, without dazzleing the camera.

yer, i know, still its not too bad, I was just rushing, and couldn;t be bothered to find the right setting! :) Well thats my reasoning! :)

iv used stainless allen bolts, washers and nylocs on my splitter to save the rusting problems.....

could prob knock a few sets up circa £10 posted if anyone wants a set......?

Back