Rear Disc Conversion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raggamuffin

I remember Pumabuild selling these kits. But I figure I can get them done with the guy doing the rebuild for cheaper.

Anyone made the switch? Did you find much improvements? Also what is the largest brake disc size these standard alloys can take?

Ed

PumaWheel.JPG

Hi
I have done the disc conversion on mine using Focus ST170 discs and calipers and a Fiesta ST150 handbrake cable. The discs are 280mm dia so the handbrake mech doesn't foul on the beam as it may do with 260mm discs. The handbrake is much better now and there's less maintenance required as well as the discs looking better behind my 17" wheels. Getting the ABS to work is the biggest problem but Sinisa (Wild E Coyote) has done a good guide on this.
Barry

Barry, what did you do about the brake hoses? I’ve got a set of braided ones for the Puma but I’m unsure whether the fitting is the same on the drums and caliper. Did you use Focus hoses or the standard Puma ones?

I’m using the standard 2.0 Focus set up (253mm discs) but I believe the calipers are the same as the ST170, but with smaller carriers.

Tom.

Hi Tom
I used braided ones on the rear of mine bought from GBS at Ollerton so they were meant for a Lotus 7 type car but as I remember they had M10 fine male ends so fitted straight on. The only thing is make sure the Puma ones are long enough.
Barry

Well the stuff arrived and the braided hoses have the correct fitting, and they’re definitely longer than 11cm, so it *should* all go together ok

Latest posts

Back