rear lights trim

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

Can anyone tell me how the black plastic trims above the rear lights come off ?
Are they bolted on or do they pull / clip off ? do the lights have to come out first?
Thanks

If you mean the bit covering the top of them then they just pull out. No need to remove the lights first either.

Would that be just pull them up ?> or just pull them backwards ? I would hate to be a Gorilla and break them
Cheers

Im not sure for certain but when i took my lights out last week the trim looked like it just clipped on, so you should just be able to pull them up and off one would think :wink:

Cheers peeps,I'll put the pictures of the broken bits up if my Gorilla DNA gets the better of me
:lol:

IIRC, they are d/sided taped on. Warm them up with a hair-dryer and peel them gently.

Thanks Reechard, now thats what I call an insurance policy.Can you do me the same deal with your engine if I ever do my own cam belt change lol :grin:

Um im afraid not, would of been able to had I gotten the gearbox, loom, engine and ecu on ebay that went for £50!!

You managed to get them off yet?

Nope they are still on there for now, I'm currently refurbishing a spare axle I bought and I like to make my eff ups one at at time lol. Im sure they will come off fine now I know how to get em off.

Back