Rear suspension Bushes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gijs

Hello,

can someone help me with advice how to remove the bushes for the rear suspension.?

they must be removed, my rer beam will be powdercoated...and I have to remove all rubber parts
first.

thx

gijs

martinthrapston said:
atleast he has a choice of 3 ways lol :lol: :lol:
1. Get someone else to do it
2. Get someone else to do it
3. Try it yourself and hate your life

thx

but these are already removed...

Beam Bush Replacement

I mean the bushes where the shock absorbers must be :grin: mounted on

Oh I see you have the earlier axle, I didnt even realise there was a bush on those axles.

I have the later axle / shocks and the bush is in the shock absorber itself.

Sorry I dont know

I have just done mine - I knew it would be a nasty job - and it was!

I read the forums so was armed with lots of ideas -

Removing the bolts:

On the drivers side I have to lower the exaust to get the bolt out, on the passenger side is much easier - they were so tight and rusty ended up virtually destroying them. I ordered two new ones from main dealer about £7.00

Getting the old bushes out:

I drilled out all the rubber and plastic and then pulled out the alloy centre bit. I then used a hacksaw to cut through the metal edges of the bush. Then a large screwdriver to split the metal bits and they fell out. Cleaned up the mounts with a small file and steel wire to remove all the rust etc.

Getting the new ones in:

I decided to use standard replacement bushes (rather that poly bushes) and thought they would be easy - they were not. Without a suitable tool, you will never get then in. I bought a simple tool of ebay (about £32 ) which worked great - but even with this you need to get the bush completely straight and well lubricated with copper ease etc or it won't go in and even then it is a VERY tight fit. REMEMBER TO ALIGN THE BUSH CORRECTLY AS PER OTHER GUIDES ON THIS FORUM

All done now :grin: and hope I don't have to do then again.

Good luck

Thx

but these bushes have already been removed, I must remove the bushes where the shock absorbers are attached on,
old model rear beam are using shock absorbers with at the end a fork style connection towards rear beam.

beamh.th.jpg

see my picture above :)

rgds

Gijs

Oh I understand - sorry - mine has the newer type shocks with the bush in the shock - I don't know about this type.

Latest posts

Back